Explanation of the sound from the toy puzzle

In summary: I for one am convinced that your toy is possesed by the devil.Demonic possession, no doubt.Some of the reviews in your Amazon link mention the same problem.In summary, this toy makes a sound when you turn off the light in the bedroom. Some people believe that this is caused by demonic possession.
jobyts
My 2 year old play with the following toy at our home.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000GKD006/?tag=pfamazon01-20

It is basically, when you put the correct animal block in the correct place, it makes the sound of that animal. I can see some sensor in the wood piece and in the board; it can be easily explained how the toy works.

What is puzzling me is, whenever I turn off the bedroom light at night before going to bed, this toy makes a cat sound. Each and every night, for years. In my puzzle board, the cat piece is missing, so the sensor in the cat block is always open. Can someone explain exactly what causes the cat sound, when I turn off the light?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Maybe with the light on, cover the cat block and see if you get a sound. Perhaps it is a logical circuit. When a piece is placed in the appropriate block, it toggles the circuit. Perhaps the circuit has a light sensor?

You should experiment yourself.Try to see what happens in different conditions see if it still makes the sound if you cover the sensor etc.

I for one am convinced that your toy is possesed by the devil.

bp_psy said:
You should experiment yourself.Try to see what happens in different conditions see if it still makes the sound if you cover the sensor etc.

I for one am convinced that your toy is possesed by the devil.
Demonic possession, no doubt.

im-not-saying-it-was-aliens-but-it-was-aliens-thumb.jpg

I don't see why explanations have to devolve to demons and aliens when it's more likely he has a darkness-averse invisible cat living in the house.

What is puzzling me is, whenever I turn off the bedroom light at night before going to bed, this toy makes a cat sound. Each and every night, for years

Thank your lucky stars its not the rooster piece missing.
Going to bed or getting up?

And why do you have one in your bedroom anyways?

Thanks folks. As AlephZero mentioned, lot of people see this issue it seems. I can peacefully sleep now :)

256bits said:
Thank your lucky stars its not the rooster piece missing.

:smile:

micromass said:
toy-makes-cat-sound-you-cant-explain-that.jpg

I felt the need for some reason to log in just tell you micro that that made me laugh so much.

FAQ: Explanation of the sound from the toy puzzle

What is the sound coming from my child's toy puzzle?

The sound from your child's toy puzzle is most likely generated by a small electronic chip or speaker inside the toy. This chip is programmed to play a specific sound or melody when a button or puzzle piece is activated.

Why does the sound from the toy puzzle sometimes sound distorted?

The sound from the toy puzzle may sound distorted if the speaker or electronic chip is damaged or malfunctioning. This can be caused by rough play or exposure to water or other liquids. It is best to avoid these situations to keep the sound quality of the toy puzzle intact.

Can I change the sound of the toy puzzle?

Some toy puzzles have the option to change the sound or melody by pressing different buttons or using different puzzle pieces. However, not all toy puzzles have this feature. It is important to read the instructions or packaging of the toy to determine if it has the ability to change sounds.

Is the sound from the toy puzzle harmful to my child's ears?

The sound from most toy puzzles is designed to be at a safe volume for children. However, it is always a good idea to monitor your child's exposure to loud sounds and to provide breaks from playing with noisy toys. If you have concerns about the sound level of a specific toy puzzle, you can use a decibel meter to measure the volume.

Why does the sound from the toy puzzle suddenly stop working?

The sound from the toy puzzle may stop working if the batteries are low or if there is a loose connection between the batteries and the electronic chip. In some cases, the electronic chip may be damaged and need to be replaced. It is important to regularly check and replace batteries to ensure the toy puzzle continues to work properly.

Back