Exploring the Future of Mechatronics in the Automotive Industry

In summary: This would allow for more responsive and safer driving.Overall, I think that the automotive industry is trying to break through with mechatronic systems so that drivers can have a more responsive and safer experience.
Josh_mt
Hey guys,

do you have any idea of mechatronics application in real life ? Maybe in industry, or in our everyday life ?

I heard a lot about robots, but I think they are rarely used in our life.

I want to make my thesis, and my friends want to make a quadcopter, a wind turbine, a spider cam, etc.

Please give me your ideas, any idea is appreciated.

Thanks !

Engineering news on Phys.org
The first thing that comes to my mind is entertainment—things like store window displays or movie props.

Hey, thanks for the idea !

I think it's quite good, however maybe my lecturer will prefer something that can help us a lot.
Mechatronics application in entertainment may help us, however my lecturer want a breakthrough, something that can help our life.

However, I will consider the idea.
Any other idea maybe ? I believe that you must have many experiences with various project through this forum :)

Thanks.

Well, we already have single purpose household robots such as the Roomba for floors and the Mowbot for lawns, but neither one has any appreciable AI capability. Perhaps that can be improved upon. Extrapolating, primarily to benefit the handicapped, automated cooking and other aspects of meal preparation would be nice. It's a horrendously formidable task, but the payoff would be worth it. I suspect that if such is developed, it would be integrated into a full "smart house" system, but there's no reason not to work on subsystems independently.
Artificial pets are becoming more sophisticated every day, but there's still a long way to go toward realism. That might sound frivolous, but it isn't. When we put my mother in a care facility, I reclaimed my Lucy the cat from her. That was disheartening, so I bought her a robot replacement that looked almost exactly like Lucy. The brand name was something like "Fur-Real", and it was quite adorable. Subsequent generations have become even more life-like, but they're still not quite there. My mother clung to that thing almost every waking moment, so much so that the facility staff bought her a replacement a year later because the servos had worn out. That one expired in about a year as well, so they gave her a third one which outlived her. For someone who is lonely or just loves pets but can't have a real one due to allergies or an inability to care for one, an artificial replacement can be very gratifying. Perhaps you could improve upon the status quo in that field.
I have other stuff to do right now, but I'll think on it some more and let you know if I come up with anything else.

Hey, thanks for the answer. That is a long one :bugeye:
So, you gave me some ideas and I really appreciate this. I will consider them and talk with my lecturer.
Thank you for your help and time.

Not sure if this is too late but I'll drop off some input, as I'm being taught this currently :D

The Automotive industry is trying to break through with mechatronic systems. Things such as your ABS and cruise control work on these systems.

So I guess the future would be ideas like steer by wire systems. Such things like this, where the mechanical element is shortened and used with electronics instead.

Related to Exploring the Future of Mechatronics in the Automotive Industry

1. What is mechatronics application?

Mechatronics application is an interdisciplinary field that combines principles from mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and computer science to design and create smart and automated systems. These systems involve the integration of mechanical, electronic, and software components to perform specific tasks.

2. What are the main components of mechatronics systems?

The main components of mechatronics systems include mechanical components such as sensors, actuators, motors, and pumps, electronic components such as microcontrollers, sensors, and circuits, and software components such as control systems and user interfaces.

3. What are some real-world examples of mechatronics applications?

Some common examples of mechatronics applications include self-driving cars, industrial robots, smart appliances, medical devices, and automated manufacturing processes. Mechatronics systems can also be found in everyday items such as smartphones, cameras, and gaming consoles.

4. What are the advantages of using mechatronics systems?

Mechatronics systems offer several advantages, including increased efficiency, precision, and accuracy, improved performance and reliability, and reduced human error. They also have the potential for cost savings and can perform tasks that are too dangerous or difficult for humans.

5. What skills are needed to work in mechatronics application?

To work in mechatronics application, one needs to have a strong foundation in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and computer science. They should also have knowledge of control systems, programming languages, and circuit design. Problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills are also essential for success in this field.