Exploring the Possibility: Is Space Just Matter & Energy?

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of space and its relationship with matter and energy. It is suggested that space is not a container for matter, but rather is matter itself. The idea of time is also brought into the discussion, with the understanding that space and time are intertwined as space-time. The concept of dark energy is also explored, with the suggestion that it may be responsible for the expansion of space. The conversation also delves into the idea of gravity and its potential connection to the interaction between matter and antimatter.
jcsd said:
Ou of correctness, the discovery that the world was not flat actually long pre-dates anyone who could be descibe as a scientist, the fact being discovered by the Greeks centuries before the birth of Christ.

The belief that the world was round is a fairly recent discovery was one that originated in the 19th century.

Wow, you guys are just ready to pounce on anything, aren't you!? It was just an off the wall comment. No real thought was put into it... really. :rolleyes:

Astronomy news on Phys.org
mee said:
Sorry, just a vague idea that it might be so. :)

Well... That was pretty "safe", wasn't it? :-p

mee said:
Sorry, just a vague idea that it might be so. :)
Well I'll put my two cents in.

Matter is the localization of the foci of energy packets, and space is the extension of those localized packets. The extension is the equivalent of a gravitational field. The mass of these packets is attributed to the self interaction of it's own extension (gravitational field). All matter is no more than the sum total of the geometric representation within the foci and extension of the energy packets, and an energy packet is no more than a representation of nothing at all.

UltraPi1 said:
Well I'll put my two cents in.

Matter is the localization of the foci of energy packets, and space is the extension of those localized packets. The extension is the equivalent of a gravitational field. The mass of these packets is attributed to the self interaction of it's own extension (gravitational field). All matter is no more than the sum total of the geometric representation within the foci and extension of the energy packets, and an energy packet is no more than a representation of nothing at all.

I find it hard to believe that "energy packets" would be a representation of nothing at all.

I find it hard to believe that "energy packets" would be a representation of nothing at all.
No one is the wiser if these geometric entities of nothing act in accordance with what we term physical laws. We have all been fooled into thinking that reality is physical rather than conceptual. I call this quality (The Reality Of Non-Existence). Their is no difference between matter and space other than the foci of a geometric representation of nothing verses the extension of it. You can find similarity between the two by simply being in a dark room. Both space and matter are black, or clear whichever you prefer. I prefer clear. I can safely say that if I were in a dark room at night and looked down, that I could see through the entire Earth. I wouldn't see the sun on the other side because the visible light from it isn't capable of penetrating through the Earth. Nevertheless - There it is ... The true nature of Existence.

jcsd said:
Ou of correctness, the discovery that the world was not flat actually long pre-dates anyone who could be descibe as a scientist, the fact being discovered by the Greeks centuries before the birth of Christ.

I wonder what you consider a scientist that you would consider the Greeks who discovered that the Earth is round as not included. Why don't you consider the process by which they demonstrated that the Earth is round as being related to science? When do you consider that science began, and who was the first scientist, in your opinion?