Extra text lines

31
0
I have noticed that members such as Danger, Fred Garvin, Astronuc, chroot, and others that have lines of text below their responses. I was wondering how you were able to get those. Any input is welcome.:confused: :confused:
 

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
11,185
51
If you mean their signature lines, those are a perk available for contributors. If you're interested in becoming a contributor, click on the "upgrade" link at the top of the page. It helps support paying for the servers and upgrades, etc. Other than signatures and avatars, you also get to view the forum without ads, and a higher limit for private message storage.
 
1,011
6
If you want to remove signatures just go to your UserCP and look under "edit options" and then un-check the box that says "Show Signatures" Personally, I think some people have extremely annoying signatures, so I have all signatures turned off.
 

JasonRox

... to graduate school.
Homework Helper
Gold Member
2,228
2
mattmns said:
If you want to remove signatures just go to your UserCP and look under "edit options" and then un-check the box that says "Show Signatures" Personally, I think some people have extremely annoying signatures, so I have all signatures turned off.
I've never seen annoying signatures on this site yet.

I've seen plenty elsewhere, but the PF members seem to be controlling themselves.

Other sites have people with signatures taking over half a PAGE!:surprised
 
1,011
6
There may not be any anymore. Probably a year ago or so I remember a few that were very long, so I turned them off and never put them back on.
 

Evo

Mentor
22,452
2,262
JasonRox said:
I've never seen annoying signatures on this site yet.

I've seen plenty elsewhere, but the PF members seem to be controlling themselves.

Other sites have people with signatures taking over half a PAGE!:surprised
Last year we had some members with half a page long signatures. The guidelines said no more than 4 lines, some had twice that many, it was awful.

It has toned down, I haven't seen too many signatures more than two lines long. Two lines should be the max.

Hear that people? No more than two lines in a signature!
 
Last edited:
2,002
2
Moonbear said:
Other than signatures and avatars, you also get to view the forum without ads
What ads? The only ads I see, not being a contributor, are the ones right at the bottom of the page under 'Associates'. I'm not sure if it would make a difference if those were removed. :uhh:
 

The Physics Forums Way

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving
Top