Extraterrestrial Weapons Ban

It never fails to amuse me how wowed people are by technology they don't understand. Setting people on fire with microwave energy?

First of all, you can't possibly know, what people in this forum do and do not understand. You are amused by your assumptions, you are amused by your feelings of superiority.

The companies that make this kind of weaponry, boast about it. They have it up for sale in the public domain. They post the details of what this weaponry does. You just have to go to their sites, and see what they offer. The microwave technology that, shall we charitably say, warms the skin, is well described as a weapon for crowd control or perimeter defense.

The silent scream, was very well described, along with the fact that it destroys hearing, and can cause brain damage, due to vibratory injury, similar to shaken baby syndrome. It is well documented that the Hayes Array in Alaska can be used as a weapon, that is why it is called The HAARP Weapon. It can be used to disable troops in the field, or disable communications over the area of an entire nation. That information is well known.

russ_watters
Mentor
Dayle Record said:
It never fails to amuse me how wowed people are by technology they don't understand.

First of all, you can't possibly know, what people in this forum do and do not understand.

It is well documented that the Hayes Array in Alaska can be used as a weapon, that is why it is called The HAARP Weapon.
The last sentence belies the previous and validates the first, Dayle - its so wrong that its not EVEN wrong: just being wrong would be an improvement.

I recommend you have a look at http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/'s website...
The companies that make this kind of weaponry, boast about it. They have it up for sale in the public domain.
Again, lumping together utterly unconnected pieces of technology and not knowing the connection between others is one of the dead-giveaways about what you do and don't understand about the technology you are discussing.

Last edited by a moderator:
russ_watters
Mentor
Dark Knight1 said:
and I didn't say the ET wepaons were ET origin....you assumed I meant that in your conspiracy oriented mind.
Just asking the question implies an answer, Dk - if you didn't think there was a possibility that it was ET, there would be no point in asking the question.

Do you want to elaborate on your point about Stealth, or are we playing a game of hit-and-run here?
You guys are looking for the tech and I'm asking you to look at the people. They are a "proof" whether you want to believe it or not.
Proof of what? You started this thread, and it was clearly about the technology - until it was pointed out to you that the technology being discussed is a mixture of real/mundane, non-existant, and conspiracy theory.

Last edited:
Two things I'd like to point out: the first, is whatever happened to bows and arrows and sticks and stones and guns and cannons? This business of a more efficient and nastier way to dispose of ones foes harkens back to the days of Atilla the Hun and Vlad the Impaler. Next thing you know, they'll be making a weapon that not only deep fries you, but serves you up spicy or original with a choice of special sauces in a biodegradeable box.
The other thing I'd like to point out is that did the topic of this forum not start by offering up yet another sign of incompetence from the people that brought us ketchup as a vegetable? All conspiracy theory aside, since when did our government ever make a world-wide or interstellar law that all beings abided by? If a twelve armed squid with three eyes, tentacles gripping lasers and microwaves and sharp sticks, boasting a name tag that says "HI! MY NAME IS: Cthulhu"; if said alien comes down from space and starts killing people with it's ray gun, you think it will stop after a nearby congressman points out to it that we banned such weapons, you have to go home and get your sling shot or your M-16, sorry!? Is the goverment going to go up and arrest someone for taking with them, on their long, lonely quest to some distant, unknown world, said criminal's Explosive P-32 Space Modulator?

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It turns out that due to he high concentration of tomatoes, treating ketchup like a vegetable is really pretty reasonable. I was really surprised to learn this.

Dayle Record said:
The microwave technology that, shall we charitably say, warms the skin, is well described as a weapon for crowd control or perimeter defense.
Microwave radiation wouldn't warm the skin until it reached a very high energy density. Long before reaching high power the microwaves would have a wide range of other affects that would make it the dumbest crowd control device ever envisioned.

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Kucinich and Welsh are hardly the most knowledgeable people on space and war. At least reference someone who's an acknowledged expert. Try this link to James Oberg's site. http://www.jamesoberg.com/index.html You'd probably be most interested in his articles on National Space Policy.

While you may not agree with all of his viewpoints, at least his info on what is feasible and unfeasible and what types of technologies are most likely to be deployed is a lot more reliable than Welsh's.

For the most part, I find his opinions about weapons in space to be more realistic than Kucinich's and Welsh's, as well. (Okay, that's a big understatement - I've thought Kucinich was a flake ever since his days as Cleveland mayor back in 1980 or so.)