Facts I need to learn in Physics besides the formula

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of free fall, acceleration, and friction. The person is seeking information on how these concepts work and is interested in learning about their applications. They mention wanting to know about the derivation of formulas and express their desire to study physics. A suggestion is made to visit khanacademy.org for a free online resource on physics and other subjects.
physics_help

Homework Statement

I would want to know how free fall, acceleration and friction works ?
I mean it like there is a greater friction when an object is heavier
or an object is possible to have zero velocity but nonzero accelaration.
I need those kinds of things to study :D

Homework Equations

If there is like the derivation of the formulas :D

The Attempt at a Solution

Actually this question is really in general and i would want to learn more about physics, its effect and the applications. Please help me :D tnx in advance guys

Physics news on Phys.org
if it isn't possible for you to take classes on this stuff and you don't have the ability to go out and buy yourself an introductory physics textbook, I would suggest going to khanacademy.org for a great, free online source of learning material related to physics, and a whole lot more

1. What are the fundamental laws and principles in physics?

The fundamental laws and principles in physics include Newton's laws of motion, the law of conservation of energy, the law of conservation of momentum, and the law of universal gravitation. These laws and principles provide the foundation for understanding the physical world and how objects interact with each other.

2. How do I understand complex concepts in physics?

To understand complex concepts in physics, it is important to have a strong foundation in basic principles and to break down the concept into smaller, more manageable parts. Visual aids, such as diagrams and models, can also help in understanding abstract concepts in physics.

3. What is the role of mathematics in physics?

Mathematics plays a crucial role in physics as it provides the language and tools to describe and analyze physical phenomena. Many laws and equations in physics are expressed mathematically, making math an essential tool for studying and understanding the physical world.

4. How can I apply physics in everyday life?

Physics has many practical applications in everyday life, from the technology we use to the natural phenomena we encounter. Understanding the principles of physics can help in making informed decisions, solving problems, and appreciating the wonders of the world around us.

5. What are the current frontiers of research in physics?

Some current frontiers of research in physics include quantum mechanics, dark matter and dark energy, and the search for a unified theory that can explain all the fundamental forces in the universe. Other areas of interest include biophysics, nanotechnology, and renewable energy sources.