Faith healers and their websites

• Thread starter lolgarithms
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Websites
In summary, some faith healers/televangelists have websites where people can post prayer/healing requests and praise reports. These reports say the person has been healed, but there is no evidence to back up the claims. Some people believe that the strong placebo effect is a form of faith healing. There is a debate about the placebo effect and whether it really does contribute to healing. There are no verifiable reports of people being healed by God.
lolgarithms
ok...

some faith healers/televangelists have websites where people can post prayer/healing requests and praise reports. where do these praise reports that say they has been healed really come from?

(This is not a discussion about religious dogma, but about scientifically falsifiable cases of faith healing.)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Well obviously by people who been cured by their faith.
You don't think there might be something underhand going on do you - you sceptic?

edit: "faith healing" is not limited to being cured by faith, some evangelists believe that god is healing people.

are there any verifiable reports or better yet, videos taken by a 3rd party ?

edit: "faith healing" is not limited to being cured by faith, some evangelists believe that god is healing people.
Same difference.

Would the so-called strong placebo effect [assuming it is real] be considered a form of faith healing?

lolgarithms said:

Wait. Did you just ask if there are any verifiable reports of people being healed by God?

:bugeye::biggrin:

DaveC426913 said:
Wait. Did you just ask if there are any verifiable reports of people being healed by God?

:bugeye::biggrin:

Yes, you know, it would be like the end of the The Stand. :biggrin:

I guess such a claim would require about as much...

I've heard that the televangelist Benny Hinn (I think he's currently under a federal investigation) has claimed to heal many people of deadly illnesses. If you check the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benny_Hinn" , you'll find that these claims are highly questionable.

Last edited by a moderator:
also, are there any verifiable or otherwise notorious reports of congenital disabilities being healed?

Would the so-called strong placebo effect [assuming it is real] be considered a form of faith healing?

I guess it inadvertently causes healing. There is quite a debate about the placebo effect and whether it really does contribute to healing.

Probably not, I can just imagine the rage that a CEO of a major pharmaceutical company would have at the mere mention of the words 'faith healing'. :rofl:

Ivan Seeking said:

Perhaps it treats faith illness?

this reminds me of some [pseudo science] necklaces that have the power to heal! as assumed by some people who like to sell those necklaces and uses scientific wording like [nano] to convince the lay people!

arunma said:
I've heard that the televangelist Benny Hinn
Is that what Benny Hinn does?? I had no idea. All I know if the title of the show.

Whenever I see the title flash by on my TV guide, I always immediately think "Benny Hill".

math_04 said:
I guess it inadvertently causes healing. There is quite a debate about the placebo effect and whether it really does contribute to healing.
There's a Dilbert(?) cartoon like that.
In trials the placebo worked better than our product - what do we do?
New marketing slogan = Nothing works better than New Super Drug(tm)

Probably not, I can just imagine the rage that a CEO of a major pharmaceutical company would have at the mere mention of the words 'faith healing'.

Haha. if faithhealing really worked for everyone, then all the pharmaceuticals should have gone bankrupt.

In trials the placebo worked better than our product - what do we do?
my slogan would be: Focus the power of your mind on these [placebo]. let the healing power power will amplify and reflect upon you! :)

1. How do faith healers claim to heal people through their websites?

Faith healers often claim to have a special connection with a higher power that allows them to heal people through prayer or energy healing. They may also offer products or services, such as blessed water or spiritual counseling, that they claim can heal individuals.

2. Is there any scientific evidence to support the healing claims made by faith healers?

There is no scientific evidence to support the healing claims made by faith healers. Many of these claims are based on anecdotal evidence, which is not considered reliable in scientific research. Additionally, there have been numerous cases of fraud and manipulation among faith healers, further undermining their credibility.

3. Are there any potential risks associated with seeking healing from faith healers?

Yes, there are potential risks associated with seeking healing from faith healers. Some may discourage individuals from seeking medical treatment, which can be dangerous for serious or chronic health conditions. Others may make false promises or charge exorbitant fees, leading to financial and emotional harm.

4. Can faith healing have a placebo effect?

Yes, faith healing can have a placebo effect. The placebo effect is a well-documented phenomenon where a person experiences a positive health outcome after receiving a treatment that has no active ingredients. In the case of faith healing, a person's belief in the treatment may lead to a perceived improvement in their condition.

5. How can individuals protect themselves from potential scams by faith healers and their websites?

To protect themselves from potential scams, individuals should do their research before seeking healing from a faith healer. They should carefully examine the claims made on the website and look for any red flags, such as promises of guaranteed healing or requests for large sums of money. It is also important to consult with a trusted medical professional before making any decisions about treatment options.