Faith healers and their websites

ok...

some faith healers/televangelists have websites where people can post prayer/healing requests and praise reports. where do these praise reports that say they has been healed really come from?

(This is not a discussion about religious dogma, but about scientifically falsifiable cases of faith healing.)

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Well obviously by people who been cured by their faith.
You don't think there might be something underhand going on do you - you sceptic?

edit: "faith healing" is not limited to being cured by faith, some evangelists believe that god is healing people.

are there any verifiable reports or better yet, videos taken by a 3rd party ?

edit: "faith healing" is not limited to being cured by faith, some evangelists believe that god is healing people.

Same difference.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Would the so-called strong placebo effect [assuming it is real] be considered a form of faith healing?

DaveC426913
Gold Member

Wait. Did you just ask if there are any verifiable reports of people being healed by God?

:bugeye::biggrin:

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Wait. Did you just ask if there are any verifiable reports of people being healed by God?

:bugeye::biggrin:
Yes, you know, it would be like the end of the The Stand. :biggrin:

I guess such a claim would require about as much...

I've heard that the televangelist Benny Hinn (I think he's currently under a federal investigation) has claimed to heal many people of deadly illnesses. If you check the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benny_Hinn" [Broken], you'll find that these claims are highly questionable.

Last edited by a moderator:
also, are there any verifiable or otherwise notorious reports of congenital disabilities being healed?

Would the so-called strong placebo effect [assuming it is real] be considered a form of faith healing?
I guess it inadvertently causes healing. There is quite a debate about the placebo effect and whether it really does contribute to healing.

Probably not, I can just imagine the rage that a CEO of a major pharmaceutical company would have at the mere mention of the words 'faith healing'. :rofl:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Perhaps it treats faith illness?

drizzle
Gold Member
this reminds me of some [pseudo science] necklaces that have the power to heal! as assumed by some people who like to sell those necklaces and uses scientific wording like [nano] to convince the lay people!!

DaveC426913
Gold Member
I've heard that the televangelist Benny Hinn
Is that what Benny Hinn does?? I had no idea. All I know if the title of the show.

Whenever I see the title flash by on my TV guide, I always immediately think "Benny Hill".

mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I guess it inadvertently causes healing. There is quite a debate about the placebo effect and whether it really does contribute to healing.
There's a Dilbert(?) cartoon like that.
In trials the placebo worked better than our product - what do we do?
New marketing slogan = Nothing works better than New Super Drug(tm)

Probably not, I can just imagine the rage that a CEO of a major pharmaceutical company would have at the mere mention of the words 'faith healing'.
Haha. if faithhealing really worked for everyone, then all the pharmaceuticals should have gone bankrupt.

In trials the placebo worked better than our product - what do we do?
my slogan would be: Focus the power of your mind on these [placebo]. let the healing power power will amplify and reflect upon you! :)