Fastest oxidizing meterials? that are cheap to deoxidizing?

• Thread starter supak111
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Oxidizing
In summary, the speaker is looking for a fast oxidizing material that is cheap and easy to deoxidize. They mention aluminum as an example, but note that aluminum oxide is expensive to turn back into aluminum. They are seeking suggestions for other materials that are cheap and easy to deoxidize, with a cost of less than $1 per 1LB to turn the material back to its non-oxidized state.
supak111
I'm looking for some fast oxidizing materials that are cheap to deoxidize.

For example: For my experiment I could use aluminum since it oxidizes very fast, but "aluminum oxide" is pretty expensive to turn back to aluminum as far as I know.

What other material attracts oxygen and (oxidizes fast) BUT yet are pretty cheap/easy to deoxidize? There must me some material out there that we have found a cheap deoxidizing process for.Thanks for your help guys.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Define cheap and easy.

Well say to turn 1LB of the material back to NON oxidized state for less then $1 per 1LB. If it cost more then its just as expensive as using aluminum

What are the fastest oxidizing materials?

The fastest oxidizing materials are typically highly reactive elements such as fluorine, chlorine, and oxygen.

Can these materials be used for deoxidizing?

No, these materials are not typically used for deoxidizing as they are highly reactive and can cause more harm than good when trying to remove oxygen from a substance.

What are some cheap alternatives for deoxidizing?

Some cheap alternatives for deoxidizing include using hydrogen gas or carbon-based materials such as activated charcoal or carbon nanotubes.

Are there any risks associated with using these materials for deoxidizing?

Yes, there are potential risks associated with using these materials for deoxidizing. Hydrogen gas can be highly flammable and carbon-based materials can release harmful fumes if not used properly.

Are there any specific techniques for using these materials for deoxidizing?

Yes, it is important to follow specific techniques when using these materials for deoxidizing. This may include controlling the temperature and pressure of the materials, as well as ensuring proper ventilation and safety precautions.