Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fav Music while Skywatching?

1. Jul 28, 2011 #1
    What is your fav piece of music you listen to while sky watching? Mine is the unbeatable 'Cosmos' by Vangelis. It gives me a sense of being one with the stars :)

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 28, 2011 #2

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

A great date is take your girlfriend out with a telescope and play this song while watching the sky.

4. Jul 28, 2011 #3

turbo

Gold Member

I prefer blues and old rock. Stuff that is old and familiar and won't distract. I got into that groove while doing film astrophotography. That hobby was too demanding and technical and expensive to allow distractions.

5. Jul 28, 2011 #4

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I prefer crickets and tree frogs. Music to my ears. :)

6. Jul 28, 2011 #5

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

I keep forgetting to take my headphones, so no music so far.

7. Jul 28, 2011 #6

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Or coyotes.

We used to take the kids out of the city to a dead end road out on the prairie with a telescope. At first, the coyotes would stay far away, but slowly they'd get closer and closer as their curiosity overcame their fear.

Eventually they'd get close enough the kids would want to go home. Plus, skywatching is usually better in the winter, so they would be getting a little cold by time the coyotes were getting close.

8. Jul 29, 2011 #7
    Ah! That songs tops my list since IYA! Great job by Padi Boyd! Wonder if Astrocappella has come out with another album!

Try 'Constellations' by Jack Johnson ;)

9. Jul 29, 2011 #8
    I enjoyed that song. Thanks.

10. Jul 29, 2011 #9
    Has anyone tried Mozart? BTW I used to observe besides a valley, at night the sound of winds echoing was an amazing experience! :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook