Has Anyone Else Lost Their Favorite Local Coffee Shop to Chains?

• Thread starter CFDFEAGURU
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Coffee
In summary, the conversation discusses the closing of a beloved coffee shop and the options of Starbucks and Dunk'n Donuts as replacements. The speaker also reminisces about their favorite hometown restaurant and the delicious coffee and pies it served.
CFDFEAGURU
There is a great little coffee shop near my house that I have done a lot of programming work there while drinking their wonderful coffee and now it is closing. The only places to choose from now are Starbucks and Dunk'n Donuts. The chain places are just not the same ...

Has anyone else lost their beloved little coffee shop and had to resort to a Starbucks?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm too old for that (and rural, to boot), though I have fond memories of the only restaurant in the next town. The coffee mugs were heavy, and the coffee was hot and great-tasting. The owner used to get in there about 4am or so and make biscuits and pies. Even if you only ordered a coffee, the waitress would keep filling your mug as long as you sat there, but if you didn't order a slice of pie, you were doing yourself a disservice. Harold's pies weren't quite on a par with those that my mother and grandmother baked, but they were still good.

Pie ... mmmmmmmm ...

Related to Has Anyone Else Lost Their Favorite Local Coffee Shop to Chains?

1. Why is my favorite coffee shop closing?

There could be a variety of reasons why a coffee shop is closing. It could be due to financial struggles, changes in the market, or the owner's decision to move on to other ventures. It's best to ask the coffee shop directly for a specific answer.

2. Will there be any changes to the menu before the coffee shop closes?

It's possible that the coffee shop may make changes to their menu before closing, but it ultimately depends on the reason for the closure. If it's due to financial struggles, they may need to cut back on certain items. If it's a decision by the owner, they may choose to keep the menu as is until the final day of operation.

3. Can I still use my loyalty rewards or gift cards at the closing coffee shop?

This will vary depending on the coffee shop's policies. Some may honor loyalty rewards and gift cards until their last day of operation, while others may not. It's best to check with the coffee shop directly for their specific policies.

4. Is the closing of my favorite coffee shop permanent?

It's difficult to say for certain if the closing of a coffee shop is permanent. It may be a temporary closure due to renovations or relocation, or it could be a permanent closure. It's best to ask the coffee shop for more information about their future plans.

5. Will any of the employees from the closing coffee shop be relocated to other locations?

This will depend on the policies of the coffee shop and if they have other locations. Some employees may be offered positions at other locations, while others may not. It's best to check with the coffee shop for more information about their employees' future plans.