Federal grants from the government to start their businesses

  • Thread starter Thread starter goldenstone11
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Government Grants
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
goldenstone11
Hello, I am trying to start a business. I found on the internet that men and women can obtain free federal grant money for education, start up businesses and rehabilitate or purchase real estate. I also saw that Ross Perouse, George Bush and Paul Newman received federal grants from the government to start their businesses and non-profit organizations. To qualify you must submit a detailed proposal. I was wondering if this program is legitimate and if so, where can I go to get a business proposal written up.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
The Small Business Administration is the place to start. There should be offices within one's state and probably a local Chamber of Commerce which one could also contact. Sometimes state programs are easier to work through than the federal program.

http://www.sba.gov/smallbusinessplanner/index.html

I'm not sure of the accuracy about Perot, Bush and Newman.

Perot left IBM (where he was a top salesman) "in 1962 to found Electronic Data Systems (EDS) in Dallas, Texas, and courted large corporations for his data processing services. Perot was refused 88 times before he got his first contract. EDS received lucrative contracts from the U.S. government in the 1960s." (ref Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Perot#Business_career)
 
Last edited: