Fellow Master students, what's the topic of your thesis?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
31 replies · 6K views
marlon said:
in belgium, at college, engineering takes 5 years also. Physics, chemistry take 4 but next academic year, they will also become 5 years

marlon


I cannot believe engineering is such a hard grade here than in Belgium or Romania. Sure and probably we know the same things when finishing engineering, but it is sure too that the number of withdrawals here is very much higher than there. The cause is a poor high school education which is far away from technical university requirements. I found such a high wall almost impossible to scale when I crashed into the first engineering courses. And I have attended how a 90% of freshmen have leave this grade before finishing it, for both moral and administrative issues.

Here engineering=the jungle. But a survivor is awarded.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
marlon said:
Physics, chemistry take 4 but next academic year, they will also become 5 years

In part thanks to yours truly ;-)

Anyway, the idea is to do a Strings masters thesis with a PhD in mind. The main reason is that I am what you could call mathematically inclined (I got my candidate degree in math as well as physics), and string theory offers the possibility to learn so much wonderful mathematics! If that doesn't work out, well, the idea is to get an additional master in space and aviation engineering. So I wouldn't worry to much about not being industry-minded.