1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fetus Infetus (fetus in a man)

1. Jul 18, 2005 #1
    Last night I was watching "101 Things Removed From the Human Body" on TLC. The last thing was like a fetus that has been growing inside a man for over 36 years. I said "wow...." I was just dieing to know how this process works of a man growing a twin fetus inside of them. (By the way, they showed what it looked like, and it didn't actually look like a regular human, highly deformed, but you could tell it could grow into one, it also looked particularly nasty, like a rotting alien. :yuck: ) :eek:

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 18, 2005 #2

DocToxyn

Science Advisor

Yes, it is an interesting phenomena. The correct term is "fetus in fetu" and if you do a google search using this term over 6000 hitsw will come up. Here is one. It is generally considered to be a parasitic twin that was enveloped by the carrier twin very early on in development.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?