Find center of mass of solid uniform density

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
haxtor21
Messages
46
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


Find the center of mass of the solid of uniform density bounded by the graphs of the equations: Wedge: x^2+y^2=a^2. z=cy(c>0), y>=0, z>=0


Homework Equations



Mx=int(y*p(x,y) dA)
dA=area of integration, dydx/dxdy

The Attempt at a Solution



I set up all the equations for Mx, My and x-bar, y-bar but I can't seem to realize what the limits of integration are. I can't see how the z=cy comes into play at all. Does it imply its a 3 dimensional figure or what?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
hi haxtor21! :smile:

(have an integral: ∫ and try using the X2 and X2 icons just above the Reply box :wink:)
haxtor21 said:
… I can't see how the z=cy comes into play at all. Does it imply its a 3 dimensional figure or what?

it's a vertical cylinder (x2 + y2 = a2), sliced by a plane through the x-axis and sloping at 45° :smile: