Find Current (mA) - What It Means & Solution

• Thread starter randomss444
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Current
In summary, current (mA) is a measure of the flow of electric charge, typically measured in milliamps. It is measured using an ammeter and is important for determining the health and efficiency of a circuit or device, as well as for calculating power consumption and ensuring electrical safety. Factors that can affect current include the voltage, resistance, and other components in the circuit. To solve issues with current, one can check for loose connections, ensure correct voltage, and test for faulty components. If the issue persists, professional assistance may be needed.
randomss444

Homework Statement

When a question asks you to find current (in mA) what does it mean?

V = 2.5V
R = 1.6kΩ

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

What I did was

2.5V = I(1600 Ω)
I = 0.0015625 A

Is that correct?

Physics news on Phys.org

The calculation is correct, but it is not in the requested units.

How do i get the correct units?

Convert Ampere to milliAmpere.

It is just like converting metre to millimetre or kilometre to metre.

I would say that finding current (in mA) means determining the amount of electrical charge flowing through a circuit per unit time, measured in milliamperes (mA). In this specific scenario, the equation V = IR is used to solve for current (I), where V represents voltage and R represents resistance. The solution provided appears to be correct, with the final answer being 1.5625 mA. It is important to note the use of proper units and conversion factors when solving for current.

What is current (mA)?

Current is the flow of electric charge, typically measured in milliamps (mA). It is a measure of how much electricity is passing through a circuit or device at a given time.

How is current (mA) measured?

Current is measured using an ammeter, which is placed in series with the circuit or device. The ammeter measures the flow of current and displays it in mA on a digital or analog scale.

Why is it important to find the current (mA)?

Knowing the current (mA) is important for a variety of reasons. It can help determine the health and efficiency of a circuit or device, as well as identify any potential issues or malfunctions. It is also necessary for calculating power consumption and ensuring proper electrical safety.

What factors affect the current (mA) in a circuit?

The current (mA) in a circuit can be affected by several factors, including the voltage of the power source, the resistance of the circuit, and the presence of any other components such as capacitors or inductors. Changes in these factors can cause fluctuations in the current.

How can I solve issues with current (mA) in a circuit?

If you are experiencing issues with the current (mA) in a circuit, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and solve the problem. These include checking for loose connections, ensuring the correct voltage is being supplied, and testing individual components for faulty or malfunctioning parts. If the issue persists, it may be necessary to consult a professional electrician or engineer for further assistance.