Find f(x) from 1.22, 2.25, 3.24: How to Calculate

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter burochokkotti
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
burochokkotti
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Can anybody tell me the relation between this numbers? I mean, say there's f(x) = 1.22 at x=1, f(x)= 2.25 at x=2 and so on..I need to know f(x).
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
It's hard to say without knowing more terms. If you need any function that passes through those three points you could use the quadratic f(x) = -0.02x2 + 1.09x + 0.15.
 
Last edited:
burochokkotti said:
Can anybody tell me the relation between this numbers? I mean, say there's f(x) = 1.22 at x=1, f(x)= 2.25 at x=2 and so on..I need to know f(x).
There are innumerably many correct answers as to what f(x) might be.

Which one do you want?

Edit:
Make your own correct answer! :smile: