Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Find Oven Temperature at various moderate mode?

1. Dec 12, 2016 #1
    Hello,

I want to convert gas unit into oven temperature (Fahrenheit, Celsius). Which formula I can use? Also I want to know at which oven temperature we can assume it as moderately high or cool temperature??

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 12, 2016 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

It depends on your oven, there might be some documentation.

"Moderately high" and "cool" are arbitrary names without a clear temperature range.

4. Dec 13, 2016 #3
    Can you define the formula for above conversion?

5. Dec 13, 2016 #4

mfb

2016 Award

If you have data points, it is possible to find some formula that works.

Without data points: No. That's like asking "can you calculate how tall I am? What is the formula?" without giving any other information.

6. Dec 14, 2016 #5
    If there is 6 unit of gas mark than how much Celsius or Fahrenheit temperature we have to set in oven temperature?

7. Dec 14, 2016 #6

mfb

2016 Award

As I said already, it depends on your oven. Ask the manufacturer, or try to find some data sheet for the oven, or measure it.

8. Dec 14, 2016 #7
    Exactly what I am saying is, If data sheet is not available then what to do? I recently find on AshBox website, it provides oven temperature conversion tool. so now we do not have to rely on only documents. We can find it out online.

9. Dec 15, 2016 #8

mfb

2016 Award

10. Dec 15, 2016 #9

Nidum

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Domestic ovens do not usually have very accurate temperature settings anyway . Approximate conversions between different scales are probably acceptable for most purposes .

Conversion Chart

Bit of nostalgia : When I was a child living in a country area of UK the only means of cooking was a coal fired range . Getting the oven temperature right on one of those required considerable skill and experience . Too hot and stone cold were easy - it was getting the intermediate temperatures that was the challenge .

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  11. Dec 15, 2016 #10

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

"Commercial/industrial oven?" Or, domestic?

12. Dec 15, 2016 #11
    Thank you Mr. Nidum for cooking chart.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted