Find the area of the metal plate

  • Topic:
  • Thread starter Thread starter Mango12
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Area Metal Plate
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Mango12
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
I know C=Epsilon0(A)/delta x

From the problem, C=3,000
Epsilon0 = 8.85 × 10^-12
and delta x is .5mm

The answer is supposed to be given in meters and should be close to 40,000 but I got 1.6*10^11m...help please!
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Can you state the entire problem as given?
 
MarkFL said:
Can you state the entire problem as given?

Now let's find the area of the metal plates. We already know from a previous problem that there is a 3,000 coulomb charge on the plates. The plates are placed .5mm apart. (approximate answer is 250 miles, but give your answer in meters)
 
Mango12 said:
Now let's find the area of the metal plates. We already know from a previous problem that there is a 3,000 coulomb charge on the plates. The plates are placed .5mm apart. (approximate answer is 250 miles, but give your answer in meters)

If a problem depends on a previous problem, then you need to give all relevant information, all in one place, so people don't have to guess at what's going on or chase the information down in other threads. (Whew)
 
MarkFL said:
If a problem depends on a previous problem, then you need to give all relevant information, all in one place, so people don't have to guess at what's going on or chase the information down in other threads. (Whew)

Yes..I have given all relevant information that I know. I know the charge in coulombs and the distance between the plates. Epsilon nought is a given number. And I need to solve for area.