Find the electric field intensity due to a point, line, and plane

In summary, the equations for finding the electric field intensity due to a point charge, line of charge, and plane of charge are E = kQ/r^2, E = (kλ)/r, and E = σ/2ε, respectively. The electric field intensity is inversely proportional to the square of the distance from a point charge, directly proportional to the distance from a line charge, and independent of distance from a plane charge. The direction of the electric field intensity is radially outward from a point charge, perpendicular to a line charge, and perpendicular to a plane charge.
falyusuf
Homework Statement
Attached below.
Relevant Equations
Attached below.
Question:
1637713795779.png

My attempt:
1637713833937.png

1637713851937.png
Could someone please confirm my answer?

Physics news on Phys.org
In my opinion E2=2*10^-9*(1/√2ŷ+1/√2ž)/(2πεo√2).
Otherwise everything is correct

Babadag said:
In my opinion E2=2*10^-9*(1/√2ŷ+1/√2ž)/(2πεo√2).
Otherwise everything is correct
So d^ is a unit vector, right?

Yes

1. What is the formula for calculating electric field intensity due to a point charge?

The formula for calculating electric field intensity due to a point charge is E = kQ/r^2, where E is the electric field intensity, k is the Coulomb's constant, Q is the charge of the point charge, and r is the distance from the point charge.

2. How do you calculate the electric field intensity due to a line charge?

The formula for calculating electric field intensity due to a line charge is E = (kλ)/r, where E is the electric field intensity, k is the Coulomb's constant, λ is the linear charge density, and r is the distance from the line charge.

3. What is the electric field intensity at a point on the perpendicular bisector of a line charge?

The electric field intensity at a point on the perpendicular bisector of a line charge is zero. This is because the electric field vectors from opposite sides of the line charge cancel each other out at this point.

4. How does the distance from a point charge affect the electric field intensity?

The electric field intensity is inversely proportional to the square of the distance from the point charge. This means that as the distance increases, the electric field intensity decreases.

5. How do you calculate the electric field intensity due to a charged plane?

The formula for calculating electric field intensity due to a charged plane is E = (σ)/(2ε0), where E is the electric field intensity, σ is the surface charge density, and ε0 is the permittivity of free space.