Find the Wronskian: Solve for W(t) with y1=1 and y2=(2/9)-(2/9)e^(-9t/2)

  • Thread starter Thread starter jrsweet
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Wronskian
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
jrsweet
Messages
31
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Find the Wronskian W(t)=W(y1,y2) where I have found y1=1 and y2=(2/9)-(2/9)e^(-9t/2)


The Attempt at a Solution



I am not sure how to do the Wronskian. We haven't talked about at all in class and I am not even sure what exactly it does. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Joe
 
Physics news on Phys.org


The wronskian gives you information about the linear independence of y1 and y2. In spite of the fact it might sound complicated, it's REALLY easy. It's the determinant of a 2x2 matrix of functions. Why don't you look up the definition of wronskian and try it out?