Find Thevinin Equivalent of Circuit - 20V, 10kΩ

  • Thread starter Thread starter systrade25
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Equivalent
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 1K views
systrade25
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi,

Im trying to find the Thevinin Equivalent of the attached circuit.

The answers I am getting are
Vth = 20v
Rth = 10kΩ

The attachment shows my workings for the problem.

Please advise if there are any errors in my work and if you could where and what i need to do to correctly solve them.

Many Thanks
 
Attachments
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi, the correct answer for Vth voltage is 30V, its looks like you simply forget about 2mA constant current source in your approach.
And yes Rth is indeed equal to 10K.
 
Thanks very much for the reply Jony130 and for pointing out my mistake.

I've attached my revised workings could you check to see if the steps I have taken are correct, I am trying to solve this using a source equivalent method.

Thanks again.
 
Attachments