Finding a Complex Conjugate value of wave function

In summary, the speaker is asking if it is possible to find a complex conjugate function for the given polar coordinate problem, and if not, they are seeking guidance on how to find more information about the subject. They clarify that they are studying on their own and are not able to ask anyone for help.
boladore
Untitled-2.jpg

First, sorry for my poor English and any impolite behavior might happen.

Here's two wave function(pic1) and problem below(pic2).
and they are polar coordinate problem ψ(r,θ,Φ)
You can see, problem requires conjugate function of ψ1.
Is it possible to find one? or is there a possibility that actually, problem requires complex conjugate function of ψ2? (I mean, error of problem)

I have withdrew from school temporarily. so there's no one whom I can ask about this.
so if you can't answer it directly, please tell me how I can find matters about this subject.

PS. There's no trouble integrating problem(pic2). It is actually from my textbook. but as I said, I'm studying it by myself, and I just want to know whether I can find a complex conjugate. So if you just confirm its possibility about complex conjugate value, I will appreciate you.

Regards and sorry for my poor English again. :)

Physics news on Phys.org
I assume ##a_0,r \in \mathbb{R}##, in which case the conjugate of ##\Psi_1## is ##\Psi_1## again. You get the conjugate of ##\Psi_2## by changing ##e^{i\theta}## to ##e^{-i\theta}\,.##

1. What is a complex conjugate value of a wave function?

A complex conjugate value of a wave function is the value that results when the imaginary component of the wave function is multiplied by -1. It is used to find the probability of a particle being in a particular state.

2. How do you find the complex conjugate value of a wave function?

To find the complex conjugate value of a wave function, you need to take the complex conjugate of the entire wave function. This means changing the sign of the imaginary component of the wave function. For example, if the wave function is ψ = 3 + 2i, the complex conjugate value would be ψ* = 3 - 2i.

3. What is the significance of finding the complex conjugate value of a wave function?

The complex conjugate value of a wave function is important in quantum mechanics because it allows us to calculate the probability of finding a particle in a particular state. By taking the complex conjugate of the wave function, we can square it to get the probability distribution function.

4. Can a complex conjugate value be a negative number?

Yes, a complex conjugate value can be a negative number. This is because when taking the complex conjugate of a wave function, we are only changing the sign of the imaginary component. The real component can still be positive or negative.

5. Are there any other applications of complex conjugate values in science?

Yes, complex conjugate values are also commonly used in signal processing, electrical engineering, and optics. In these fields, they are used to represent signals and systems that have both real and imaginary components.