Solutions to $(1+\sin^42\theta) = 17(1+\sin2\theta)^4$ in $[0,2\pi]$

  • Topic:
  • Thread starter Thread starter DaalChawal
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
1 reply · 1K views
DaalChawal
Messages
85
Reaction score
0
Number of solutions of $(1+sin^42\theta) = 17(1+sin2\theta)^4$ in $[0,2\pi ]$

I solved this by assuming $sin2\theta$ as $x$ and then I draw graph and found there was a solution for $x$ belonging to $(-1,0)$ then I drew graph of $sin2\theta$ and check for what values of $\theta$ it is lying in $(0,-1)$. But I got multiple values... Is this correct?? Help
 
Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
DaalChawal said:
Number of solutions of $(1+sin^42\theta) = 17(1+sin2\theta)^4$ in $[0,2\pi ]$

I solved this by assuming $sin2\theta$ as $x$ and then I draw graph and found there was a solution for $x$ belonging to $(-1,0)$ then I drew graph of $sin2\theta$ and check for what values of $\theta$ it is lying in $(0,-1)$. But I got multiple values... Is this correct?? Help
$sin2\theta=x$
$(x + 2) (2 x + 1) (4 x^2 + 7 x + 4) = 0$