Finding the Relative Uncertainty for the Standard Error of the Mean

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 2K views
Athenian
Messages
143
Reaction score
33
Homework Statement
Get the relative uncertainty for the standard error of the mean. Afterward, multiply the value by the logarithm of the mean to obtain the uncertainty in the graph.
Relevant Equations
N/A
While I will not be showing the graph here, I am trying to dissect what the question even means.

While I do understand that relative uncertainty can be found via the equation ##\frac{\sigma_A}{A}##, I do not understand how I can find the "relative uncertainty of SEM". Does anybody here have any ideas? Please refer to the table below for the data.

MEANSTANDARD DEVIATIONSTANDARD ERROR OF THE MEAN (SEM)
156.0083​
3.258683​
0.940701​
131.1333​
1.830218​
0.528338​
74.38333​
2.361368​
0.681668​
48.175​
2.965905​
0.856183​
31.275​
2.205005​
0.63653​
14.45833​
2.589299​
0.747466​

Thank you for reading through this short question!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I think they want what I would have called the relative uncertainty of the mean, i.e. SEM divided by the mean.
 
Thanks for the response. In the end, I also interpreted the statement in the same manner.