Finding total time of a running rabbit

In summary, a rabbit runs in a straight line with a velocity of +1.5 m/s for a period of time, rests for 10s, and then runs again along the same line at +0.60 m/s for an unknown amount of time. The total distance traveled by the rabbit is 1200 m with an average speed of 0.80 m/s. To calculate the total time spent running at 1.5 m/s, the formula t = d/V is used, resulting in 1500 seconds. For part (a), the equation 1.5x + 0.6y = 1200(0.8) is used to find the time intervals for both velocities. The values
shahin93

Homework Statement

A rabbit runs in a straight line with a velocity of +1.5 m/s for a period of time, rests for 10s, and then runs again along the same line at +0.60 m/s for an unknown amount of time. The rabbit travels a total distance of 1200 m, and its average speed is 0.80 m/s. (a) What is the total time the rabbit spends running at 1.5 m/s? (b) How long does it spend running at 0.60 m/s?

Homework Equations

V = d/t
a = (v2-v1) /t
I don't know if there is any other formulas you could use for this question

The Attempt at a Solution

t = d/V
Total time = 1200 / 0.8 = 1500 sec-------------------------------------------
Answer for a: 340 sec
Answer for b: 1200 sec

I want to know how to get these answers

Physics news on Phys.org
1.5x + 0.6y = 1200(0.8)

Hopefully that helps. If you don't understand where I got that from or what to do from here, let me know.

what does that equation even mean? Are the "x" and "y" the time intervals?

What is the formula for finding the total time of a running rabbit?

The formula for finding the total time of a running rabbit is: time = distance / speed. This formula can be used for both constant and changing speeds.

How do I measure the distance of a running rabbit?

The distance of a running rabbit can be measured using a measuring tape or ruler. Alternatively, you can use a GPS device or an app on your phone to track the distance.

What is considered a fast speed for a running rabbit?

The average running speed for a rabbit is about 25-45 km/h (15-30 mph). However, some breeds of rabbits can run up to 64 km/h (40 mph).

How can I determine the speed of a running rabbit?

To determine the speed of a running rabbit, you will need to measure the distance it covers in a certain amount of time. Then, use the formula time = distance / speed to calculate its speed.

What factors can affect the total time of a running rabbit?

The total time of a running rabbit can be affected by various factors such as the terrain, the rabbit's breed, its physical condition, and any obstacles in its path. Additionally, weather conditions and the presence of predators can also impact the rabbit's speed and total time.