What is the difference between IC BT66 and UM66?

In summary, the person is planning to build a fire alarm and has a question about using IC BT66 instead of UM66. They are also looking for internal circuit diagrams for ICs UM66, TD2002, and 7805. They are advised to search for data sheets and application notes online and may need to experiment with different components for the light source and LDR.
sandeepmrocks
i am going to build this fire alarm.
i got IC BT66 in place of UM66 . I want to ask that are BT66 and UM66 same or is their any difference of work. Also can anyone suggest any site where i can get internal circuits of the IC's UM66,TD2002,7805. thanks in advance . :smile:

Attachments

• circuit.jpg
    circuit.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 366
Engineering news on Phys.org
sandeepmrocks said:
i am going to build this fire alarm.
i got IC BT66 in place of UM66 . I want to ask that are BT66 and UM66 same or is their any difference of work. Also can anyone suggest any site where i can get internal circuits of the IC's UM66,TD2002,7805. thanks in advance . :smile:

Hi sandeepmrocks, http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5725/red5e5etimes5e5e45e5e25.gif

I can't comment on BT66 vs. UM66. To find pinouts and further details, search on google using the strings UM66 "data sheet" or UM66 "application note".

Unless your construction notes give you details of the light source and LDR, you may need to do some experimentation to establish a working arrangement for whatever light source and LDR you purchase.

Happy experimenting! :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is a fire smoke alarm circuit?

A fire smoke alarm circuit is an electronic circuit that is designed to detect the presence of smoke and trigger an alarm to alert individuals of a potential fire.

2. How does a fire smoke alarm circuit work?

A fire smoke alarm circuit typically consists of a smoke detector, a power source, and an alarm. The smoke detector contains a sensor, such as an ionization chamber or photoelectric sensor, that detects the presence of smoke particles in the air. When smoke particles enter the detector, it triggers the alarm to sound.

3. Are there different types of fire smoke alarm circuits?

Yes, there are different types of fire smoke alarm circuits. The two main types are ionization detectors, which are more sensitive to flaming fires, and photoelectric detectors, which are more sensitive to smoldering fires. There are also combination detectors that use both types of sensors for maximum protection.

4. How often should a fire smoke alarm circuit be tested?

It is recommended to test your fire smoke alarm circuit at least once a month by pressing the test button. It is also important to replace the batteries in your smoke detector every year and replace the entire unit every 10 years.

5. Can a fire smoke alarm circuit give off false alarms?

Yes, a fire smoke alarm circuit can give off false alarms. This can be caused by cooking fumes, steam, dust, or other particles that may trigger the sensor. It is important to keep your smoke detectors clean and free of debris to avoid false alarms.