Can Chem E students incorporate programming into their studies?

In summary, the person is discussing their schedule for the fall and mentions taking Chem 1, Cal 1, and intro to engineering design. They ask for suggestions for a fourth class that is not physics or mechanics and the other person suggests taking humanities or history classes. When asked for other suggestions, programming is mentioned. The person clarifies that they have already fulfilled their humanities and English requirements and are only left with math and science classes. They mention considering taking an art class, but are unsure if chemical engineers actually program and to what extent.
Metta
Here is my schedule for the fall.

Chem 1
Cal 1
intro to engineering design.

I need a fourth class that isn't Mechanics/physics 1. Any ideas?

Physics news on Phys.org
What about your University requirements that are not related to you major? You need some humanities or history classes too don't you?

If you really want a STEM class, maybe a programming class.

I am in a Community college and I have already finished my humanities. I am also finished with my English. All there is left to do are math and sciences. Programming is an interesting one; don't know why I haven't thought of it? Any other suggestions?

Do you need to fulfill a Biology course requirement?

No. I've gone as far as physio/anatomy and I believe that's as far as required. Math, science and the designing classes are all there is left. I've never taken art, that's what some of my friends are taking.

Do chem Es actually program and if so, to what extent?

1. What is Chemical Engineering?

Chemical Engineering is a branch of engineering that applies chemistry, physics, biology, and math to solve problems related to the production, transformation, and use of chemicals, materials, and energy.

2. What topics are typically covered in a first year Chemical Engineering curriculum?

A first year Chemical Engineering curriculum typically covers topics such as basic chemistry, material and energy balances, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, and introductory chemical engineering principles.

3. What skills are important for a first year Chemical Engineering student to have?

Some important skills for a first year Chemical Engineering student to have include strong math and science abilities, problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, and the ability to work well in a team.

4. What career opportunities are available for Chemical Engineering students?

Chemical Engineering graduates can pursue careers in a variety of industries, including pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, energy, materials, and consumer goods. Some common job titles for Chemical Engineering graduates include process engineer, product development engineer, and research scientist.

5. What advice would you give to a first year Chemical Engineering student?

My advice would be to stay organized, manage your time effectively, and seek help when needed. It's also important to get involved in clubs and organizations related to Chemical Engineering, as well as internships or research opportunities to gain hands-on experience in the field.