Aiming for Axioms: The Quest to Formalize Physics

• Thread starter FlamesOfIgnorance
  • Start date
In summary, "Aiming for Axioms: The Quest to Formalize Physics" discusses the ongoing effort to create a unified set of axioms or principles that can explain all of physics. This quest involves reconciling the theories of general relativity and quantum mechanics, which currently have different sets of principles and do not fully align. The article explores the challenges and potential benefits of formalizing physics, including the possibility of discovering new fundamental laws and improving our understanding of the universe. While the search for a complete set of axioms is still ongoing, the progress made so far has already shed new light on the nature of reality and the fundamental principles governing it.
FlamesOfIgnorance
Hey Dawgs!

My goal is to axiomatize Physics! Lots of people don't like this idea, however I will work on it untl it is done!

Let's rock!

Physics news on Phys.org
FlamesOfIgnorance said:
Hey Dawgs!

My goal is to axiomatize Physics! Lots of people don't like this idea, however I will work on it untl it is done!

Let's rock!
Welcome to the forum. Best you read the rules so you know about not posting personal theories.

FlamesOfIgnorance said:
Hey Dawgs!
Are "dawgs" dogs? I love dogs (even the author of post #2 has his sweet moments), but I am not one.
FlamesOfIgnorance said:
As in Hilbert's 6th problem? I think the problem of "axiomatizing physics" is sufficiently general to allow for valuable, rigorous discussions (which I think are encouraged), but that same generality also allows for lots of "less rigorous" interpretations.

In any case, good luck and I hope you find what you are looking for here.