Fluid Dynamic. Force on particles in carrying fluid (liquid)

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of pressure force to stop spherical microparticles from moving in a flowing liquid. The question is whether the pressure force can be calculated using the formula F = pA, where p is the fluid pressure and A is the area of the particles. The asker is unsure if this is a valid approach and is seeking clarification for their project.
Arsen
Good day to all!
I have a question : We have a flowing fluid ( liquid ) with known pressure, flow in the pipe ( pump is pumping it). There are some spherical microparticles in the liquid, let's say 10-15 microns. I want to create force to stop them moving! Will the pressure force be in the form of F = pA ( p - pressure of the fluid A - area of the particles ). ?

Sorry, if the question is too easy or too fool)))) It is needed for my project.

Physics news on Phys.org
You'll have to explain what you are doing in more detail .

Nidum said:
You'll have to explain what you are doing in more detail .

As I said I want to generate force which is needed to stop microparticles flowing, so that they will accumulate on one place. (I think partciles relatively to fluid do not move, so they are catched by stream). I need to quantify the presure force , because I think it is the greatest acting on particle.

1. What is fluid dynamics?

Fluid dynamics is the study of how fluids (liquids and gases) move and interact with each other and with objects in their path. It is a branch of physics that helps us understand and predict the behavior of fluids in various situations.

2. How does fluid dynamics relate to force on particles in carrying fluid?

Fluid dynamics explains the forces that act on particles as they move through a fluid or as a fluid flows past them. These forces can be caused by the fluid's viscosity, pressure, or other factors, and they affect the motion and behavior of the particles.

3. What is the Navier-Stokes equation and how is it used in fluid dynamics?

The Navier-Stokes equation is a mathematical equation that describes the motion of fluids and the forces acting on them. It is used in fluid dynamics to model and predict the behavior of fluids in different scenarios, such as in pipes, around objects, or in weather patterns.

4. How do engineers use fluid dynamics in their work?

Engineers use fluid dynamics principles to design and optimize systems that involve fluids, such as pumps, turbines, and engines. They also use it to analyze and improve the efficiency and safety of processes involving fluids, such as in aviation, automotive, and environmental engineering.

5. What are some real-life applications of fluid dynamics?

Fluid dynamics has many practical applications in our daily lives. It is used in weather forecasting, designing aircraft and ships, understanding blood flow in the body, and improving the performance of sports equipment. It also plays a crucial role in industries such as oil and gas, aerospace, and manufacturing processes.