Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Fluid Dynamic. Force on particles in carrying fluid (liquid)

1. May 3, 2016 #1
    Good day to all!
    I have a question : We have a flowing fluid ( liquid ) with known pressure, flow in the pipe ( pump is pumping it). There are some spherical microparticles in the liquid, let's say 10-15 microns. I want to create force to stop them moving! Will the pressure force be in the form of F = pA ( p - pressure of the fluid A - area of the particles ). ???

Sorry, if the question is too easy or too fool)))) It is needed for my project.

2. jcsd
  3. May 3, 2016 #2

Nidum

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You'll have to explain what you are doing in more detail .

4. May 3, 2016 #3
    As I said I want to generate force which is needed to stop microparticles flowing, so that they will accumulate on one place. (I think partciles relatively to fluid do not move, so they are catched by stream). I need to quantify the presure force , because I think it is the greatest acting on particle.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted