Flux linkage with sphere of radius R placed at x=x0

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Nipun
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Can anybody help me find the:

The flux linkage with sphere of radius R placed at x=x0 (distance on the x axis).
 
Attachments
  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    2 KB · Views: 550
Physics news on Phys.org
It would have been better if you told the direction(s) of the Field , or isn't there any field here? , Flux is the electric field through unit area. I assume that the elEctric field lines entering the sphere are all parallel and in the same direction.Then the number of lines entering the sphere= No. of lines leaving the sphere , and hence the there is no net flux.

BJ

BJ
 
I am unfamiliar with the term "flux linkage" in this context. Can you restate your question?
 
I am so sorry. I forgot that a charge Q is enclosed in the sphere and the electric field lines are parallel to x-axis from left to right.and flux linkage means simply flux.
 
Gauss's law relates the total flux through a closed surface (like this sphere) to the net charged contained within it. That's all you need.