Bacon Fervor: Have You Become Obsessed with a Food?

• Thread starter Dooga Blackrazor
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Food
In summary, some people have developed fixations on certain food, while others have developed cravings for them.
Dooga Blackrazor
Have any of you suddenly became fixated on a certain food? Did it go away or did your tastes just change making you like it more?

I'm just curious because I've developed a fixation over a generally unhealty food, bacon. I've got the metabolism to make up for it but regardless I know it can't be good to become a bacon fanatic.

Normally I wouldn't post such an eccentric and almost pointless topic. I am in a posting mood today though.

Thoughts about the topic? ~Thanks,

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh, I go through these stages where I just get a major craving for a certain food and can't get enough of it. But, eventually I get tired of eating it. Usually it's just when I smell something cooking that I haven't had in a long time and it just gets me to remembering how much I liked it. I get that craving for BLTs when those first tomatoes are ripening on the vine in the summer (if I could just keep the squirrels out of my garden this year, I might get a tomato before they do). Sometimes for a certain flavor of ice cream, or for a while I was really into a curried squash dish. I try to blame it on monthly hormone cycles. What's your excuse? :biggrin:

I get cravings for certain foods for awhile, then it goes away.

It's usually salty food.

Chocolate. Always chocolate... :wink:

You can even eat a chocolate bar while water skiing! :smile: I know this for a FACT!

Bread and butter pickles! (weird, huh?)
and - NO, I'm not pregnant!

Oh, my weirdest craving is mayonaisse sandwiches...yep, lots of mayo on squishy bread...couldn't get much worse than that. My dad and I used to make them together when I was a kid, and I think I liked them mostly because my mom thought it was horrible (mom and I have never quite seen eye to eye on things, so if she disapproved of something, I was likely to keep doing it). Anyway, every once in a while, I just get a craving for one of those. I've refined my taste a bit and don't eat squishy white bread anymore, but whole wheat seems to be a decent substitute.

I crave the same kinds of things too...usually pickled hot foods :-p...olives, pickles, and avocados are the ones i love to snack on...cheese is another favorite, especially brie on crackers.

Cashew nuts, coke and chips.

Can't beat that fat and carbo.

Related to Bacon Fervor: Have You Become Obsessed with a Food?

What is bacon fervor?

Bacon fervor is a term used to describe an intense and often unreasonable obsession with bacon, a type of cured pork that is popular in many cuisines around the world.

Why do people become obsessed with bacon?

There are a few different reasons why people may become obsessed with bacon. It could be due to its unique and delicious flavor, its versatility in cooking, or its cultural significance in certain regions or communities.

Is it healthy to be obsessed with bacon?

While bacon can be enjoyed in moderation as part of a balanced diet, it is not considered a healthy food due to its high fat, sodium, and cholesterol content. Consuming large amounts of bacon or becoming overly obsessed with it can lead to negative health consequences over time.

Does bacon have any nutritional value?

Bacon is a good source of protein and contains some vitamins and minerals, such as iron and B vitamins. However, it is also high in unhealthy saturated fats and sodium, so it is important to consume it in moderation and balance it with other nutrient-dense foods.

How can someone control their bacon fervor?

If someone feels like they have become overly obsessed with bacon, it may be helpful to try and diversify their diet and incorporate more fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins. It can also be beneficial to find healthier alternatives to bacon, such as turkey bacon or vegetarian bacon, to satisfy cravings in a healthier way.