For the life of me I can't solve this integral sqrt(1-x^3)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 4K views
Alexstrasza
Messages
15
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Hi, I have a double integral with square root of 1-x^3 that I can't solve.

Here is the integral and attempt at the solution. I get stuck!

Homework Equations



I am in Calc II.

Mostly we used integration by parts, or substituting t=something for most "difficult" integrals.

The Attempt at a Solution



Above.

Hope someone can help or give me a hint how to solve this.

Thanks!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
mfb said:
Hint: x2 is the derivative of 1-x3 (up to a prefactor).
Thank you!

I solved it and got 0 for an answer, is that possible?
 
Oops, when I solved for x=1 I got 0 and for some reason assumed solving for x=0 would also be 0.

I got 2/9 final answer.

Thank you for helping. :)