Force between two electromagnets due to direct flux and radial flux

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 5K views
jinoy
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
I want to know about the FORCE BETWEEN TWO ELECTROMAGNET OF RECTANGULAR CROSS-SECTION. The force due to the fluxes both direct face to face and radial separately. Also I like to get the exact formula or the source from where I get that. Can anyone help me? pls.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Well, if you can simplify the situation, then there are answers. For instance:

- If your magnets have no iron

- If your magnets have iron and are close enough, and preferably you know the induction

So if you give more details, maybe you get an answer. In the general case, there is none. You'd have to rely on an FEM software.
 
At first ,Thanks for ur reply
ie situation is two electromagnets. One is fixed other is moving. At first they are in face to face. Then the moving magnet start rotating in its on axis. I want to find out the force at initial position and force when it moving also.
If u have any idea pls reply.