• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

FORCES applications of newtons law

• Thread starter opendaz
  • Start date
can someone please help to reason out this. because i am confused...is the question about static friction..please help

On a truck which is moving straightforward on an horizontal road there is a big cube of concrete of mass m. The mass of the truck is M. The truck brakes suddenly with an acceleration of modulus a. Find: a) the maximum allowed acceleration amax in order that the concrete doesn’t slide on the truck;
b) the dynamical friction force acting on the truck if a =2 amax .
Data: m = 500 [kg;] M = 10000 [kg]

Answers and Replies

whats wrong with my question nobody is responding

PhanthomJay
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Aside from the fact that there appears to be missing data, you must show your relevant equations and an attempt at a solution before anyone can respond.

Aside from the fact that there appears to be missing data, you must show your relevant equations and an attempt at a solution before anyone can respond.
thanks u know i have never done it before so if get like just an idea not even the answer..just how to approach it. thats enough for me. u can use another similar question or somthn just to make understand whats happening

PhanthomJay
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
You might want to start by stating the problem as written, listing all the given data, examining forces acting on the objects using free body diagrams, and then see how Newton's laws comes into play.

You might want to start by stating the problem as written, listing all the given data, examining forces acting on the objects using free body diagrams, and then see how Newton's laws comes into play.
ah ok let me give it a try! thanks alot..