1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

FORCES applications of newtons law

1. Mar 23, 2008 #1
    can someone please help to reason out this. because i am confused...is the question about static friction..please help

On a truck which is moving straightforward on an horizontal road there is a big cube of concrete of mass m. The mass of the truck is M. The truck brakes suddenly with an acceleration of modulus a. Find: a) the maximum allowed acceleration amax in order that the concrete doesn’t slide on the truck;
    b) the dynamical friction force acting on the truck if a =2 amax .
    Data: m = 500 [kg;] M = 10000 [kg]

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 24, 2008 #2
    whats wrong with my question nobody is responding

4. Mar 24, 2008 #3

PhanthomJay

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Aside from the fact that there appears to be missing data, you must show your relevant equations and an attempt at a solution before anyone can respond.

5. Mar 24, 2008 #4
    thanks u know i have never done it before so if get like just an idea not even the answer..just how to approach it. thats enough for me. u can use another similar question or somthn just to make understand whats happening

6. Mar 24, 2008 #5

PhanthomJay

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

You might want to start by stating the problem as written, listing all the given data, examining forces acting on the objects using free body diagrams, and then see how Newton's laws comes into play.

7. Mar 24, 2008 #6
    ah ok let me give it a try! thanks alot..

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?