F1 USA GP: Indianapolis & Alonso's Victory

In summary: This was a disaster from start to finish. I'm so disappointed. I was really looking forward to seeing who would take the win, but now it looks like it's not going to happen. I hope something good comes out of this race, but it doesn't look like it will. :(In summary, the USA F1 GP Indianapolis is almost sure to be won by Fernando Alonso, and it is going to start in a few minutes. There are some disagreements among the viewers as to who their favorite driver is, but most are rooting for David Coulthard. There are some concerns about Michelin tyres, but they are most likely to blame Bridgestone for this.
Clausius2
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Pay attention to the USA F1 GP Indianapolis and the almost sure victory of Fernando Alonso.

It is going to start in few minutes!. (I mean the trainings, tomorrow is the race).

Physics news on Phys.org
Clausius2 said:
Pay attention to the USA F1 GP Indianapolis and the almost sure victory of Fernando Alonso.

It is going to start in few minutes!. (I mean the trainings, tomorrow is the race).

Oh please, we all know that JB or DC will win, matbe Qualifiying starts soon.
so I am of to watch, FA no way.

I haven't seen the qualifying yet so I don't know the grid positions.
But I don't think it's ever a sure thing...especially if you're going to go for Alonso ;)
My favourite driver is David Coulthard so I want to see him get a podium finish.
Don't think that Alonso is as good as everyone makes him out to be. He is definitely promising, but there are plenty of promising drivers.
What I'd like: 1. Michael Schumacher 2. David Coulthard 3. Giancarlo Fisichella 4. Rubens Barichello

I actually prefer Rubens to Michael Schumacher, but yeah it's just sad that so much has gone wrong this year for Ferrari.
Should be awesome to watch though, can't wait :)

Soilwork said:
I haven't seen the qualifying yet so I don't know the grid positions.
But I don't think it's ever a sure thing...especially if you're going to go for Alonso ;)
My favourite driver is David Coulthard so I want to see him get a podium finish.
Don't think that Alonso is as good as everyone makes him out to be. He is definitely promising, but there are plenty of promising drivers.
What I'd like: 1. Michael Schumacher 2. David Coulthard 3. Giancarlo Fisichella 4. Rubens Barichello

I actually prefer Rubens to Michael Schumacher, but yeah it's just sad that so much has gone wrong this year for Ferrari.
Should be awesome to watch though, can't wait :)

WHAT, NO NO NO, mr shoe maker is a has been.

No no, you fellas got it all wrong, the guy with the high pitch voice will take it.

Yeah I don't particularly like Schumacher although there is no denying that he is an awesome driver.
I don't think he is a has been seeing as though he can still drive well, but even though things haven't worked out for him this year I just want to see him get close to the leaders in points.
I was hoping that he would retire this year, but if he doesn't then I don't think that's the best decision. Unless he went to benetton. That'd be great if he finished with benetton actually.

I like Fernanado Alonso coz his name consists of the last and first name of my 2 favorite footballers! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well at least we know ralph S won't win, what a crazy situation with tyers.

Just now it seems there is not going to be any race. Michelin tyres are having troubles.

can't USA build decent racing track ??

Well, a horrible spectacle. F1 has given the worst impression possible to USA. Dramatic. 6 cars on the road. I wish Schumacher breaks his engine and everybody laughs at him for participating in this race.

Clausius2 said:
Well, a horrible spectacle. F1 has given the worst impression possible to USA. Dramatic. 6 cars on the road. I wish Schumacher breaks his engine and everybody laughs at him for participating in this race.

On the contrary, I wish Schumi wins, Rubens is second and a Minardi or Jordan gets a podium, they all get points and every one of those six cars/drivers lives happily ever after (well, at least till the next race).

Michelin are at fault here. Blooming crybabies, lorded their supposed superiority over Bridgestone when the going was good, and when they face adversity, just turn tail and refuse to race. Baah !

I think even street drivers should boycott Michelin tyres from now on. Stinking cowards and sore losers.

Oh yeah, screw Bernie and his FIA too. I love how all of those "regulations" he drafted to end Ferrari's "dominance" have come back to bite him squarely on his arse. :biggrin:

Clausius2 said:

Im with you Clausius, this has set F1 back, what a shambles, i fell very sorry
for all the people that went to watch, i bet nothing like this happens in
indy car racing,

Anyway all of this runs in favour of Fernando Alonso. One race less to go. Kimi has not scored, and Schummi is not an oponent.

We will see F.Alonso as world champion in a short time... :rolleyes:

Dream on...Schumacher's is getting the rust off.He's 37,almost.

U'll see.

Daniel.

What an absolute shambles!

I was starting to worry that F1 was getting exciting again, until today.

it's all good... My man, Narain Karthikeyan, got to finish fourth... :cool: lol, probably might be the best finish of his career, but I have hope for him...

It catapaults him from an unknown to number 15 in the Drivers Championship tying Jacques Villeneuve! :eek:

brewnog said:
What an absolute shambles!

I was starting to worry that F1 was getting exciting again, until today.

Worry not me old woffer, F1 died when mansell and sena parted the scene.
i still think of them .
:smile:

wolram said:
Worry not me old woffer, F1 died when mansell and sena parted the scene.
i still think of them .

Indeed. After Senna's death, I turned to watching Touring cars instead. So much more interesting, there's overtaking on pretty much every corner of every lap.

well that sure was pretty damn stupid.
But it's not the drivers' faults for racing...why should they not race?
Michelin didn't bring the right tyres to the race so everything lies on them and the FIA for mishandling the situation.
They pretty much halfway through the season so I'd say Schumacher is a competitor. Especially since his only a couple of points behind Raikkonnen.
How could you lose interest in F1 because two drivers don't drive anymore?
Sure Ayrton Senna was a great driver, but it's not like there aren't drivers now who are just as talented as him.

Soilwork said:
How could you lose interest in F1 because two drivers don't drive anymore?
Sure Ayrton Senna was a great driver, but it's not like there aren't drivers now who are just as talented as him.

It's not because those drivers aren't around any more, it's just because that's the kind of time when the FIA started making stupid rules which took away most of the competitive spirit of the sport, and making it so dull to watch that most real motorsport fans turned to Formula 3000, Formula Ford, DTM or BTCC.

What is the F1 USA GP?

The F1 USA GP (Formula 1 United States Grand Prix) is a Formula 1 race held annually in the United States.

Where is the F1 USA GP held?

The F1 USA GP was held in Indianapolis, Indiana from 2000 to 2007. It is currently held at the Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas.

Who won the F1 USA GP in Indianapolis in 2007?

Fernando Alonso, a Spanish driver, won the F1 USA GP in Indianapolis in 2007.

How many times has Alonso won the F1 USA GP?

Alonso has won the F1 USA GP twice, in 2005 and 2007.

What is the significance of Alonso's victory at the F1 USA GP in Indianapolis?

Alonso's victory at the F1 USA GP in Indianapolis was significant because it marked his first win at the track and his second consecutive win at the F1 USA GP. It also helped him secure his second consecutive Formula 1 World Championship title.