How to solve iteration issues in FORTRAN 90 and allocate values for later use?

In summary, FORTRAN 90 iteration is the process of repeating a specific set of instructions in a computer program, commonly used in scientific and mathematical applications. Its main features include DO loops, multidimensional arrays, and recursion. It differs from earlier versions of FORTRAN with the introduction of logical expressions in DO loops and dynamic array allocation. Common issues include off-by-one errors and difficulties with debugging recursive functions. To improve efficiency, consider using vectorization, parallelization, optimizing code, and proper indexing and array manipulation.
Milentije
I have problems with my code.As a result of calculation I got rank2 l(21,1) array.Due to the THE ITERATIVE PROCESS I will get the same array in every iteration.How to allocate values and use them later.Should I create new array
do iter=1,n
lbig(iter,nmax,1)=l(nmax,1)?

Technology news on Phys.org
Can you post the section of your code you're talking about? Your description is hard to address without some visuals.

What is FORTRAN 90 iteration?

FORTRAN 90 iteration refers to the process of repeating a specific set of instructions or operations in a computer program. It is commonly used in scientific and mathematical applications to solve complex problems by breaking them down into smaller, repeatable steps.

What are the main features of FORTRAN 90 iteration?

The main features of FORTRAN 90 iteration include the use of DO loops, which allow for efficient repetition of code, and the ability to define and manipulate multidimensional arrays. FORTRAN 90 also introduced the concept of recursion, where a function can call itself repeatedly until a specified condition is met.

How is FORTRAN 90 iteration different from earlier versions of FORTRAN?

FORTRAN 90 introduced several new features for iteration, including the ability to use logical expressions in DO loops and the ability to dynamically allocate and deallocate arrays. It also allowed for more concise and readable code compared to earlier versions.

What are some common issues with FORTRAN 90 iteration?

Some common issues with FORTRAN 90 iteration include off-by-one errors in DO loops, which can lead to incorrect results, and difficulties with debugging recursive functions. It is important to carefully test and troubleshoot code that uses iteration to ensure its accuracy.

How can I improve the efficiency of FORTRAN 90 iteration in my code?

To improve the efficiency of FORTRAN 90 iteration, consider using vectorization techniques or parallelization to allow for simultaneous processing of multiple iterations. You can also optimize the code within the iteration, such as replacing costly operations with simpler alternatives. Additionally, using proper indexing and array manipulation can help improve performance.