Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fortran to resolve Heat tranfers problem

1. Jan 6, 2007 #1
    i need to know if someowne can help me with a program that i have to do to resolve a heat problem of the Patankat(autor) book. exercise 5.1 is the problem and to solve it i need to use the upwind method and the CDS method..

please help
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 7, 2007 #2

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

We need more information and what have you done so far???
  4. Jan 7, 2007 #3
    i have to do a program in fortran to resolve this problem.

it´s a problrm of convective heat transfer, bi-dimensional with generation of heat on a uniform meshgrid. if you know, it´s a problem from the book "Numerical Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow_Suhas V. Patankar_1980" - exercice 5.1.

the problem as to be solve using the CDS esquem and the Upwind esquem

than i have to make the grid refinement and compare the results of the esquem i use...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  5. Jan 17, 2007 #4
    You're going to need to show us more. What have you tried, and what kind of problems are you having? This isn't an all-you-can-eat code buffet, you've got to prepare your own meals.
  6. Jan 25, 2007 #5
    were is some code i have made

were is some code i have made but the temperature is wrong in the end...
    i´m using the method line-by-line with the TDMA in the vertical

Attached Files:

7. Apr 21, 2007 #6
    I am a new user of FORTRAN, Plz help me to solve a problem
    Example 5.2,An introduction to computatinal fluid dynamics,The finite volume method.-H.K.Versteeg and W.Malalasekera. page-104.
    I would be very gradefule if any body help me
    Yours truly
  8. Apr 21, 2007 #7
  9. Feb 5, 2010 #8
    Hi Giber,

I read your code and I notice that you were missing the iterative loop in the cycle. Im doing the same problem and I also have problems with my code. Were you able to finish that one? Im driving crazy with mine!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?