Found a great resource on Theoretical Mechanics (free)

In summary, Theoretical Mechanics is a branch of physics that uses principles of classical mechanics to mathematically model and analyze physical systems. It is important because it provides a framework for understanding and predicting the behavior of various systems, making it relevant in fields such as engineering, physics, and astronomy. Free resources on Theoretical Mechanics can be found online through websites like MIT OpenCourseWare, Khan Academy, and Coursera. Theoretical Mechanics can also be applied in research by developing mathematical models and equations for various topics such as celestial mechanics, fluid dynamics, and solid mechanics. Some applications of Theoretical Mechanics include spacecraft navigation, designing structures, understanding celestial bodies, predicting fluid behavior, and analyzing particle movement at a microscopic level.
smodak
Classical mechanics: a minimal standard course by Sergei Winitzki. It is not probably going to help you if you already did not know the subject but is a great refresher nonetheless. He also includes a differential equations refresher that I found invaluable.

Looks like he has a ton of other resources available on his site: https://sites.google.com/site/winitzki/ as well including advanced GR and quantum gravity.

Physics news on Phys.org
Here's a detailed review of this book:

To be written.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist).
BTW, it appears it's (half) written in Mathematica.

Related to Found a great resource on Theoretical Mechanics (free)

What is Theoretical Mechanics?

Theoretical Mechanics is a branch of physics that deals with the mathematical modeling and analysis of physical systems using principles of classical mechanics.

Why is Theoretical Mechanics important?

Theoretical Mechanics is important because it provides a framework for understanding and predicting the behavior of physical systems, which is crucial for many fields such as engineering, physics, and astronomy.

Where can I find free resources on Theoretical Mechanics?

There are many great resources available for free online, such as textbooks, lecture notes, and video lectures, that cover various topics in Theoretical Mechanics. Some reputable websites to find these resources include MIT OpenCourseWare, Khan Academy, and Coursera.

How can I use Theoretical Mechanics in my research?

Theoretical Mechanics can be used to develop mathematical models and equations that describe the behavior of physical systems, which can then be applied to various research topics, such as celestial mechanics, fluid dynamics, and solid mechanics.

What are some applications of Theoretical Mechanics?

Theoretical Mechanics has a wide range of applications, including spacecraft navigation, designing bridges and buildings, understanding the motion of celestial bodies, predicting the behavior of fluids, and analyzing the movement of particles at the microscopic level.