1. I do not, for now, use a graded mesh, so the cell size is uniform. However, it is possible to implement a graded mesh, where the cell size is, like you say, smaller near the boundaries of discontinuities.
2. The TLM method as I am using is, like the FDTD, a time-domain method, where the frequency domain response is obtained via a Fourier transform. So, the low-frequency solution below microwave frequencies is included in the simulation (if included in the spectrum of the excitation signal). However, the simulation time needs to be chosen long enough, to get the information. Also, the imperfect simulation boundaries affect at low frequencies the solution.
I from india. i am very interested with TLM method. This is the first forum i found on tlm peoples. nice to see. i had some experience with MEFISTO 3D. I had lots of questions during the simulation. I had applied it for EMC/EMI simulation. Pls help me in this regard. But i see this thread was not active for few months. so pls send me a PM.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving