Will France Successfully Rescue Their Hostages?

• News
  • Thread starter GENIERE
  • Start date
French during the beginning of the war. Don't be angry at people with common sense, it just makes you look devoid of it.In summary, the conversation revolves around the French handling their hostage situation and the opinions and attitudes towards France's involvement in the war in Iraq. Some commenters express admiration for the French, while others criticize their government's policies. The conversation also touches on past conflicts between the US and France, with some commenters expressing bitterness and others trying to maintain a respectful tone. Overall, there is a sense of frustration and helplessness towards the situation and a desire for the safe return of the French hostages.
I dunno. YOU have attacked Iraq, not me, and not the French either, so YOU are liable for an explanation. After all, the situation was contained.

First of all, I have already explained our attack on Iraq. Now for those that criticize our actions, I want to know what their plan was to end the sanctions.

And I hardly consider a situation where UN resolutions are being broken and sanctions are killing tens of thousands "contained."

And yes, Iraq was in violation of UN resolutions.

And do you have a credible source showing that Rumsfeld supplied Iraq with chemical weapons. This article from The Guardian makes no mention of such an exchange, and The Guardian is no friend of Rumsfeld.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story/0,2763,866942,00.html

So let's see the evidence.

You trump up France's and Bill Clinton's means of handling Iraq. Given the incredible loss of life that occurred because of Saddam's pogrom against the Kurds and Shi'ias and the sanctions, what did they do in the eight years prior to Bush' presidency to put an end to it?

Physics news on Phys.org
Plan to end sanctions:
1) The USA ceases it's persecution of the Iraqi people through its influence in the UN.

Regarding Resolution 661:

"The sanctions committee was chaired at the beginning of 2004 by the Ambassador of Romania, with the delegations of the Philippines and Pakistan providing vice chairmen."

Your first resource is useless. Not only is it highly biased, but it provides no references and the author does not appear to have worthy credentials.

My understanding of the sanctions is that they were largely imposed by the UN as a means of stopping the US from continuing its attack on Iraq during the first Persian Gulf War. (Maybe I'm wrongm, however.) I do know that Bush wanted to end the sanctions as quickly as possible after the invasion, but the European nations wanted to keep them until they had settled the WMD question. That hardly sounds like the sanctions were instigated solely by the US.

But let's suppose that the sanctions were all due to the US. Did France call for an ending of the sanctions? What about Germany? Why didn't Clinton do something to end the sanctions in the eight years he was president?

I meant your second reference, that is, the YellowTimes piece.

Now that is an ad hominem. Rather than discuss the material he wrote, you focus on his credentials, as though that matters.

I focused on his credentials because he provided no references and he writes for a biased news source! When an author provides no references and appears to have a political bent, his credentials are all he has. (I'm not saying that credentials alone are worth much, but at least a credible source is better than no source at all.)

Student, in stead of AGAIN accusing me of hatred, try some argumentation. You read something you don't like and then it's hatred?