French Open: Federer or Nadal?

• Thread starter neutrino
  • Start date
In summary, Federer recently beat Nadal on clay, sparking hopes that he may be able to conquer his only unconquered Grand Slam. There is some doubt about his current form, but many are still rooting for him. Federer is set to face Nadal in the French Open, and there have been some surprises in the tournament. Some are confident that Federer will win, but there are also doubters. Ultimately, there is a strong rivalry between Federer and Nadal on the court.

Who Will Win the Men's French Open Title 2007

• Federer

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Nadal

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Someone else

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
neutrino
With the recent victory against Nadal on clay, do you think Federer has a chance of conquering his only unconquered Grand-Slam?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I hope so, Federer is the coolest.

Unfortunately I didn't get to watch him thrash Nadal, but I heard it was great.

Wow, how did you post so soon?

(I suspect the thread is posted even before I submit the poll)

I haven't watched tennis in two or three years, is Federer still dominating?

Yeah go Fedexpress! He's the champ :approve:

Go Federer !

Federer. He beat Nadal in Hamburg last week, so he is the man.

marlon

Nadal, or maybe someone else. I don't think Federer is in the best of form over the last few tournaments.

Here's our first "Giant-Killer" of the tourney: Igor Andreev. Roddick is out.

Good, I don't like Roddick.

Come on Federer!

Playing in the French Open is sort of like biking in the Tour de France...even if you win, you're still in France.

SpaceTiger said:
Playing in the French Open is sort of like biking in the Tour de France...even if you win, you're still in France.

:rofl:

I think federer will win.

Looks like it will be Federer vs Nadal.

mattmns said:
Looks like it will be Federer vs Nadal.
The biggest surprise of the season. :rolleyes:

Federer looked iffy in the initial stages of the match, though.

FEDERER must win! I'd hate it if Nadal wins, it will ruin my day. Come on Federer!

Sorry, guys.

I have a feeling that Federer will the Golden Slam next year. :D

God Nadal sucks. What a crap game for the French Open. Why did I bother watching it?

Actually, Federer sucks, in clay courts at least. :tongue:

1. What are the chances of Federer winning the French Open?

As of 2021, Federer has only won the French Open once in his career. While he is a skilled player on clay courts, his chances of winning against Nadal, who has won the French Open 13 times, are relatively low.

2. How many times has Nadal won the French Open?

As of 2021, Nadal has won the French Open a record-breaking 13 times. He has been the dominant player on clay courts for over a decade, making him a top contender for the title every year.

3. What is the head-to-head record between Federer and Nadal at the French Open?

Federer and Nadal have played each other six times at the French Open, with Nadal winning all six matches. Their most recent encounter was in the semi-finals of the 2019 French Open, where Nadal defeated Federer in straight sets.

4. Can Federer beat Nadal on clay?

While Federer has had success on clay courts, he has struggled against Nadal, who is known as the "King of Clay." Nadal's dominance on clay and Federer's age and recent injuries make it unlikely for Federer to beat Nadal on this surface.

5. Who is the favorite to win the French Open: Federer or Nadal?

Based on current form and past performances at the French Open, Nadal is the clear favorite to win. However, anything can happen in a tennis match and Federer has proven to be a formidable opponent. It will ultimately depend on their performances on the day of the match.