Frequency and Voltage relation

In summary, the conversation was about the meaning of frequency in electronics. The speaker was confused and gave examples of how different frequencies are recognized by their voltages in cable television and radio waves. The speaker also mentioned wanting to understand the relationship between frequency and voltage in order to fully grasp the concept in electronics.
david_19
Hi, I'm confused about the meaning of the term frequency used in electronics. I'm not sure if I understand what it means.

For example:

There a number of frequencies travel through a single cable television, at the end point does the de-multiplexer recognizes each signal by its voltages?

E.g. Signal1 at some frequency producing different voltage depending on frequency.

Another example is radio waves received by radio antenna, does each EM wave produce different voltage?

I would like know the relation between frequency and voltage, so i can understand what frequency means in electronics.

Physics news on Phys.org
No they are independent. The way they separate different frequencies in radio for instance is using a tuned circuit like a narrow band filter. Tuning that to different frequencies separates out each one.

What is the relationship between frequency and voltage?

Frequency and voltage are inversely proportional, meaning that as the frequency increases, the voltage decreases, and vice versa. This relationship is known as the frequency-voltage ratio.

How does frequency affect voltage?

When the frequency of an electric current increases, the voltage will decrease. This is due to the fact that the energy in the current is distributed over a shorter period of time, resulting in a lower voltage.

What is the formula for frequency and voltage relation?

The formula for frequency and voltage relation is V = 2πfL, where V is voltage, f is frequency, and L is inductance. This formula is also known as the inductive reactance formula.

How does frequency and voltage relate to power consumption?

Higher frequency and voltage can lead to higher power consumption in electrical devices. This is because higher voltage and frequency require more energy to maintain the current flow. However, this relationship can vary depending on the efficiency of the device.

Why is it important to maintain a stable frequency and voltage in electrical systems?

In electrical systems, a stable frequency and voltage are essential for the proper functioning of devices and equipment. Fluctuations in frequency and voltage can cause damage to the system and result in malfunctions or failures. Therefore, it is important to regulate and maintain a stable frequency and voltage for the safety and efficiency of the system.