Frequency band for wireless transmission

In summary: A frequency division multiplexing system with 2 MHz channels and 2 MHz guard bands can fit 5 channels in the given frequency band from 76 MHz to 86 MHz. The centre frequencies for each channel would be 78 MHz, 82 MHz, 86 MHz, 90 MHz, and 94 MHz. In summary, a frequency division multiplexing system with 2 MHz channels and 2 MHz guard bands can fit 5 channels in the given frequency band and the centre frequencies for each channel would be 78 MHz, 82 MHz, 86 MHz, 90 MHz, and 94 MHz.
Tjvelcro

Homework Statement

A frequency band from 76 MHz to 86 MHz is available for wireless transmission. Design
a frequency division multiplexing system with 2 MHz wide channels and 2 MHz guard bands
(assume that guard bands aren’t necessary at the lower and upper ends of the band). Indicate
where each channel begins and ends, as well as its centre frequency. How many channels fit
inside the given frequency band?

Homework Equations

I think just logic of what the question is asking is enough

The Attempt at a Solution

See attachment for a diagram I made. I was just unsure if I was doing this correctly or not. If anyone could confirm that would be great.

Attachments

• Assignment1.jpg
    Assignment1.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 509
Physics news on Phys.org
Tjvelcro said:

Homework Statement

A frequency band from 76 MHz to 86 MHz is available for wireless transmission. Design
a frequency division multiplexing system with 2 MHz wide channels and 2 MHz guard bands
(assume that guard bands aren’t necessary at the lower and upper ends of the band). Indicate
where each channel begins and ends, as well as its centre frequency. How many channels fit
inside the given frequency band?

Homework Equations

I think just logic of what the question is asking is enough

The Attempt at a Solution

See attachment for a diagram I made. I was just unsure if I was doing this correctly or not. If anyone could confirm that would be great.

Looks right to me.

Related to Frequency band for wireless transmission

1. What is the frequency band for wireless transmission?

The frequency band for wireless transmission refers to the range of frequencies that are used for wireless communication. This typically includes frequencies between 300 MHz and 300 GHz.

2. What is the difference between a lower and higher frequency band?

The main difference between a lower and higher frequency band is the range of frequencies that they include. Lower frequency bands have longer wavelengths and can travel longer distances, but have lower data transfer rates. Higher frequency bands have shorter wavelengths and can carry larger amounts of data, but have shorter range.

3. How is the frequency band for wireless transmission determined?

The frequency band for wireless transmission is determined by regulatory bodies such as the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the United States. These organizations allocate specific frequency ranges for different types of wireless communication to avoid interference between different devices and networks.

4. What types of devices use the frequency band for wireless transmission?

Any device that uses wireless communication, such as cell phones, Wi-Fi routers, Bluetooth devices, and radio and television broadcasting equipment, operates within a specific frequency band for wireless transmission. The specific frequency band used depends on the type of device and its intended purpose.

5. Are there any potential health risks associated with the frequency band for wireless transmission?

The World Health Organization (WHO) and other health organizations have conducted extensive research on the health effects of wireless communication and have not found any conclusive evidence of negative health effects from the frequency band used for wireless transmission. However, it is always recommended to use wireless devices in moderation and to follow safety guidelines provided by manufacturers.