1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Frequency Response of Op amp Circuits

1. Jul 16, 2013 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    For this problem, the diagram of the circuit is attached. It was assigned to find the frequency response function of the circuit.

2. Relevant equations
    E_o/E_i= -Zf/Zi

3. The attempt at a solution
    I know for the top branch of the circuit, it has a negative feedback loop so therefore its:
    E_o/E_i = -Rf/Rin

The problem I am having is with the resistor connected to the non inverting input. Since it doesn't have a loop structure, I question what it's output is and how to account for that in my frequency response function. The only examples I have found are of differential amplifiers. However those have two resistors that end up being connected to ground. Any assistance is appreciated.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 16, 2013 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

The resistor at the + input is just there to help balance out the parasitic input offset voltage due to the input bias currents. It is often omitted with CMOS opamps, since their input bias currents are so small. The value of the resistor at the + input is often the parallel combination of the Ri and Rf resistors.

So you should be able to ignore the resistor at the + input, IMO, for the purposes of calculating the frequency response of this circuit. Given that, how will you go about calculating the frequency response of this opamp circuit?

4. Jul 17, 2013 #3

CWatters

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

How much info were you given about the opamp itself?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted