What Universities are Best for an Indonesian Physics Student Interested in Aerospace Studies?

In summary, a physics bachelors degree may not be enough to directly study aerospace engineering. It is recommended to take undergraduate courses in mechanics, structures, and thermodynamics in order to prepare for the field. This may require an additional two years of study. German universities may be a good option for pursuing this path.
Moezeus
i am physics bachelors student from Indonesia, and now i have 5 semesters passed. i choose electronics and instrumentation physics here, and focus in microcontroler, and controlling system. i have read many question before, and read the answer, but maybe i have a little question here. which university will match if i want to study aerospace ? i have a plan to get study at the Germany, and my focus maybe in airplane controlling system.
sorry if there any mistakes on my words, my english isn't good enough.
Thanks Before

Physics news on Phys.org
I really cannot say much about German universities (although I know that there are many fine ones), but in general, I think you should plan to take some undergraduate courses in mechanics, structures, thermodynamics, and a few other areas. There is more to these courses in an engineering curriculum than you would get in a typical physics curriculum.

so, maybe i must take another graduate to get into aerospace, yeah i think you right about that, because here, in physics i just learn about basic thing in electronics and microcontroler. but, is it possible if i get in aerospace directly from physics? or the word "courses" from your reply mean a short courses about engineering ?
sorry if there any mistakes on my words

The word courses, as I used it, refers to full semester (or quarter) courses offered by the university.

I would guess that you will be needing at least two full years of full time undergraduate engineering courses to do what you propose.

ok, then i will look for another possibility about my choices, thank you very much for the advices sir :)
sorry if there any mistakes on my words

Related to What Universities are Best for an Indonesian Physics Student Interested in Aerospace Studies?

What is the difference between physics and aerospace engineering?

Physics is a branch of science that deals with the study of matter, energy, and their interactions. Aerospace engineering, on the other hand, is a specialized field of engineering that focuses on the design, development, and construction of aircraft and spacecraft. While physics provides the fundamental principles and laws governing the physical world, aerospace engineering applies these principles to the design and development of aerospace technologies.

What are some examples of applications of physics in aerospace engineering?

There are many applications of physics in aerospace engineering, including aerodynamics, propulsion, materials science, and control systems. For example, aerodynamics is the study of how air flows around objects, and it is essential in designing efficient wings and airfoils for aircraft. Propulsion involves the study of forces and motion to develop efficient engines for aircraft and spacecraft. Materials science is crucial in selecting and designing materials that can withstand the extreme conditions of space. Control systems use principles of physics to ensure precise control and stability of aircraft and spacecraft.

How does understanding physics help in the design and construction of aircraft and spacecraft?

Understanding physics is vital in the design and construction of aircraft and spacecraft because it provides the necessary knowledge and tools to analyze and solve complex engineering problems. Physics principles, such as Newton's laws of motion and the laws of thermodynamics, are used to develop models and simulations to predict the behavior of aircraft and spacecraft in various conditions. This understanding allows engineers to design and build safer, more efficient, and more reliable aerospace technologies.

What are some current challenges in the field of physics and aerospace engineering?

One of the current challenges in physics and aerospace engineering is developing sustainable and environmentally friendly technologies. As the demand for air travel increases, there is a growing concern about the environmental impact of aircraft emissions. This challenge requires the application of physics and engineering principles to develop alternative fuels and more efficient engines. Another challenge is exploring and understanding the complexities of space, such as developing technologies to protect astronauts from radiation and developing sustainable systems for long-duration space missions.

How does studying physics and aerospace engineering benefit society?

Studying physics and aerospace engineering has numerous benefits for society. First, it leads to the development of advanced technologies that improve our daily lives, such as GPS systems, weather forecasting, and satellite communications. Second, it contributes to the advancement of scientific knowledge and understanding of our universe. Finally, it inspires and encourages future generations to pursue careers in STEM fields and contribute to the progress of society.