1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

From Physics to Aerospace

1. Jan 18, 2015 #1
    i am physics bachelors student from Indonesia, and now i have 5 semesters passed. i choose electronics and instrumentation physics here, and focus in microcontroler, and controlling system. i have read many question before, and read the answer, but maybe i have a little question here. which university will match if i want to study aerospace ? i have a plan to get study at the Germany, and my focus maybe in airplane controlling system.
    sorry if there any mistakes on my words, my english isn't good enough.
    Thanks Before

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 18, 2015 #2

OldEngr63

Gold Member

I really cannot say much about German universities (although I know that there are many fine ones), but in general, I think you should plan to take some undergraduate courses in mechanics, structures, thermodynamics, and a few other areas. There is more to these courses in an engineering curriculum than you would get in a typical physics curriculum.

4. Jan 19, 2015 #3
    so, maybe i must take another graduate to get into aerospace, yeah i think you right about that, because here, in physics i just learn about basic thing in electronics and microcontroler. but, is it possible if i get in aerospace directly from physics? or the word "courses" from your reply mean a short courses about engineering ?
    sorry if there any mistakes on my words

5. Jan 19, 2015 #4

OldEngr63

Gold Member

The word courses, as I used it, refers to full semester (or quarter) courses offered by the university.

I would guess that you will be needing at least two full years of full time undergraduate engineering courses to do what you propose.

6. Jan 20, 2015 #5
    ok, then i will look for another possibility about my choices, thank you very much for the advices sir :)
    sorry if there any mistakes on my words

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook