1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Fundamentals of enginnering (FE)

1. Jul 3, 2012 #1
    Hi, My name is Ersel!

FE has just been launched in ITU in Turkey firstly . I'm study (MSc) Enginnering Physics in ITU and will graduate this depertmant in 2013 ,naturally, have a BS Physics degree but not enginnering .

In this case, I'm not enginnering I ' m just a physicist :) !!!
    (I guess so. to you,Is it true ? Is this event (not being enginner by graduating MSc Enginnering Physics after graduated BS physics) run so in US, Europe, too? )!!!

Shortly, Is "BS Physics degree" eligible for apply or take Fundamentals of enginnering ?

Thanks for your help !

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 4, 2012 #2
    I don't know the rules in Turkey.

However, if your question concerns NCEES standards, the answer is YES, you can take the test. Your degree in Physics is pretty much the only qualification you need to sit for the exam.

Some countries (and even state-by-state rules here in the US) have experience prerequisites for taking the Principles and Practices exam that differ according to whether your major was explicitly the field in which you studied or not. I'm not sure where a degree in Physics would play out in discussions such as this. Nevertheless, to get a full PE certificate, you'll need at least four years of experience working, and maybe as many as eight years, if your major doesn't count toward the the foundations that you're supposed to have.

I would think a degree in Physics qualifies. But check your local regulatory and certification authorities. They can get weird about this.

4. Jul 31, 2012 #3
    Thats really interesting that you are taking it in Turkey. Does NCEES administer its test in lots of countries?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook