Geometric Interpretation Of Schrodinger's

In summary: I think that if we can use quaternions and GA, and not complex numbers, we could find a more complete and clear interpretation of quantum mechanics.In summary, the conversation discusses the importance of complex numbers in representing vectors and rotations in geometric algebra, and the potential use of quaternions and geometric algebra to provide a more complete and clear interpretation of quantum mechanics. It also raises questions about whether the Schrödinger equation is an amputated equation and if it can be derived from a more generic equation. The conversation also mentions the search for hidden variables and the potential impact on EPR and Bell inequalities.
Plat00n
GEOMETRICAL STUDY OF SCHROEDINGER'S FORMULA

[tex]\vec J = \mathfrak{Re}[\Psi^* (\vec r) (\frac{-i \hbar}{m} \vec \nabla) \Psi (\vec r) ][/tex]

If we take a look on previous expression, we could continue with the importance of complex numbers.

The complex numbers are very important to represent points or vectors in plane, and can be expressed this way:

a = b·x+c·y

If we choose the real axis numbers like X, and imaginaries like Y:

a = b + c·i

But we could have been done this:

a = b·i + c

If we take Geometric Algebras (GA), more exactly the even sub group of GA, we can represent vectors like part quaternions, and rotations through quaternion operators.

If we take an element of volume (area in draw):

Clipboard01.0.jpg

And take a volume in a posterior time:

[tex] V_t+dt = \left( dx + \frac {\partial u}{\partial x} dx \cdot dt \right) \left( dy + \frac {\partial v}{\partial y} dy \cdot dt \right) [/tex]

And the relative change of volume is:

[tex] \frac {d \left( \frac {V_t_+_d_t - V_t} {V_t} \right) } {dt} = \frac {dV_R}{dt} = \frac {\partial u}{\partial x} + \frac {\partial v}{\partial y} [/tex]

We have that:

[tex] \frac {\partial V_R}{\partial t} = \frac {\partial u}{\partial x} + \frac {\partial v}{\partial y} + \frac {\partial w}{\partial z} = \nabla \cdot \vec {v} [/tex]

The dilatation of volume can be directly expressed with velocity gradient in space:

A volume element can be:

TRANSLATED:

Clipboard05.6.jpg

DEFORMATED:
Clipboard06.jpg

ROTATED
Clipboard07.jpg

or HAVE CUTTING EFFORTS

Clipboard08.jpg

If we analyze the angles [tex]\theta_1[/tex] y [tex]\theta_2[/tex], it can easily verify geometrically that:

[tex] TAN~~ d \theta_1 \simeq d \theta_1 \simeq \frac {\left( \frac {\partial v} {\partial x} dx \cdot dt \right) }{dx} [/tex]

And:
[tex] TAN~~ d \theta_2 \simeq d \theta_2 \simeq \frac {\left( \frac {- \partial u} {\partial y} dy \cdot dt \right) }{dy} [/tex]

And we have:

[tex] \dot {\theta_1} = \frac {d \theta_1}{dt} = \frac {\partial v}{\partial x} [/tex]

and

[tex] \dot {\theta_2} = \frac {d \theta_2}{dt} = - \frac {\partial u}{\partial y} [/tex]

And angular velocity in Z axis will be:

[tex] \omega_z = \frac {1}{2} \left( \frac {\partial v}{\partial x} - \frac {\partial u}{\partial y} \right) = \frac {1}{2} \dot {\theta_1} + \dot {\theta_2} [/tex]

Now, if we take this fraction of the Schrödinger's:

[tex] \nabla \left[ \frac {i \hbar} {2m} \left( \psi \nabla \psi^*} - \psi^* \nabla \psi \right) \right] [/tex]

Or much clear:

[tex] \nabla \left[ \frac {1} {2} \left( \psi \vec v \psi^*} - \psi^* \vec v \psi \right) \right] [/tex]

Does anybody likes to play in discovering what it means?

-----------
References:

- Quaternion and Rotation Sequences, Jack B. Kuipers
- Vectors, tensors and the Basic Equations of Fluid Mechanics, Rutherford Aris.
- Vibraciones y ondas. A. P. French.
- Lectures On Clifford (Geometric) Algebras. Rafal Ablamowicz et. al.
- Mecánica de Fluidos. Victor L. Streeter et. al.
- De Natura Visibilium et Invisibilium. R. Aparicio. Ed. Elaleph.
- Siglo XXI: La Física que nos espera. R. Aparicio. Ed. Elaleph.[/quote]

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Plat00n,

I am having trouble figuring out what you are trying to do here, and it is mostly because I can't see the images you linked to. img tags don't work outside of the General Discussion Forum. If you want the images to be viewable here you'll need to attach them to a post.

Thanks,

Tom Mattson said:
Plat00n,
I am having trouble figuring out what you are trying to do here, and it is mostly because I can't see the images you linked to. img tags don't work outside of the General Discussion Forum. If you want the images to be viewable here you'll need to attach them to a post.
Thanks,

You can see it in the blogspot, that I have used to link it. Here is:

http://denaturavisibiliumetinvisibilium.blogspot.com/

Thanks.

Links

Now images can be seen.

Anything to say?

Does anybody has any interesting oppinion about this? It's all wrong? All ok? ?

Tom Mattson said:
Plat00n,

Thanks,

Hi Tom...

I saw the interesting thread on your class on differential forms (using Bachman`s book). I would like to discuss differential forms at a very elementary level... I hope you can help clarifying some points. I will post later this weekend in the diff geometry board. I hope you will be around to help me understand!

Regards,

Pat

Plott029 said:
Does anybody has any interesting oppinion about this?

Perhaps more people who might be interested in discussing this would have seen it if you had posted it in the Quantum Physics forum instead of here (one of the homework-help forums). I saw this thread for the first time today.

You could try posting a link to this thread in the Quantum Physics forum, or maybe the moderators would be willing to move this thread over there. I think they wouldn't like it if you re-post your entire first post there.

Thanks for your information.

Endorsers and referees are wanted to write the first of 3 papers on Geometric (Clifford) Algebras, concretely the Even Sub Group of Clifford Algebras and his appllication with the quantum mechanics.

Quaternions

Does anybody thinks that include a wave function in quaternions, not in complex numbers, can be a way to discover "hidden variables" that Einstein was looking for?

Can be that EPR and Bell inequalities are really bad interpretations due to the lack of better numbers?

Is the Schrödinger equation an amputated equation? Can be derived from another much generic?

Related to Geometric Interpretation Of Schrodinger's

What is the geometric interpretation of Schrodinger's equation?

The geometric interpretation of Schrodinger's equation is a way to visualize the behavior of quantum particles in terms of their wave properties. It involves representing the wave function as a probability amplitude, which describes the likelihood of finding the particle at a specific location.

How does the geometric interpretation of Schrodinger's equation relate to classical mechanics?

The geometric interpretation of Schrodinger's equation is a fundamental concept in quantum mechanics and is used to understand and predict the behavior of quantum particles. This differs from classical mechanics, which is used to describe the behavior of macroscopic objects.

What is the significance of the wave function in the geometric interpretation of Schrodinger's equation?

The wave function is a central concept in the geometric interpretation of Schrodinger's equation. It represents the state of a quantum system and contains all the information about the particle's position, momentum, and energy. The square of the wave function gives the probability of finding the particle at a particular location.

How does the geometric interpretation of Schrodinger's equation account for the uncertainty principle?

The uncertainty principle states that it is impossible to know both the position and momentum of a particle with absolute certainty. The geometric interpretation of Schrodinger's equation accounts for this by representing the wave function as a probability distribution, rather than a deterministic trajectory. This means that the exact position and momentum of a particle cannot be simultaneously known.

What are the implications of the geometric interpretation of Schrodinger's equation for quantum mechanics?

The geometric interpretation of Schrodinger's equation has revolutionized our understanding of quantum mechanics and has allowed us to make accurate predictions about the behavior of quantum particles. It has also led to the development of new technologies such as quantum computing, which have the potential to greatly impact our society.