Stop Being Interesting: Pool, Ladies & Rock Band

• Thread starter Danger
  • Start date
In summary, Danger is an expert summarizer of content. He predicts that Will's "lucky date" will fall asleep on the sofa while he checks the forums. He predicts that his "lucky date" will fall asleep on the sofa while he checks the forums. He is having Girl Scout cookies to start his day. He predicts that he will miss most of the day because he needs to get into the lab today.
Wow, he has three of the most gorgeous women at the PF campfire with chocolate and gooey marshmallows. :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Danger said:
How much room do you have in one of these things?
10,000 letters

If it's a good story, we'll even let you split it over a few posts so we get the whole thing. :biggrin:

That should be enough for the sixties and early seventies...
Well, I guess that I can skip the love life; that's pretty much been covered in various places already. How I ended up specifically at this forum was that I'm going to enter (several times) that Chrysler "What Can You Hemi?" contest. Since I've been half-assed designing a hovercraft for myself for a few dozen years, I figured... So I got my boss to let me onto her computer for a while to Google for formulae (still haven't found them, if anyone here can help). It don't know how to calculate prop, ducted fan etc. airflow, curtain leakage rates and other fairly critical stuff. The local library had it all in a book once, and I even copied it out, but now I can't find the paper and the book has been discarded. Anyhow, one of the Google things led to a question about hovercraft in the general physics section. I got hooked reading stuff, then saw a question from someone that I felt obliged to answer. It felt so cool that I wrote down the address. Then I just finally got Internet myself at home and this is the first place that I came to. I stuck my nose into a couple of discussions, one being Brewnog's, and he invited me here. You've witnessed the rest. I'm still trying to figure out most of it, but I guess that I'm catching on to the important stuff. Finally caught on to how to use quotes, and apparently the interpersonal protocols are a lot laxer than I expected. (Leastwise, you haven't kicked me out yet.) I already feel as if I've known you for years. (That might just be my parietal lobe defect acting up, but I don't think so.)
Okay, enough for now kiddies. Let's get on with the campfire fun. I suppose I'll have to build those electric bras with Teflon panels so the marshmallow goo doesn't stick. :rolleyes:

so did you finish the hovercraft?

Danger said:
That should be enough for the sixties and early seventies...
Well, I guess that I can skip the love life; that's pretty much been covered in various places already. How I ended up specifically at this forum was that I'm going to enter (several times) that Chrysler "What Can You Hemi?" contest. Since I've been half-assed designing a hovercraft for myself for a few dozen years, I figured... So I got my boss to let me onto her computer for a while to Google for formulae (still haven't found them, if anyone here can help). It don't know how to calculate prop, ducted fan etc. airflow, curtain leakage rates and other fairly critical stuff. The local library had it all in a book once, and I even copied it out, but now I can't find the paper and the book has been discarded. Anyhow, one of the Google things led to a question about hovercraft in the general physics section. I got hooked reading stuff, then saw a question from someone that I felt obliged to answer. It felt so cool that I wrote down the address. Then I just finally got Internet myself at home and this is the first place that I came to. I stuck my nose into a couple of discussions, one being Brewnog's, and he invited me here. You've witnessed the rest. I'm still trying to figure out most of it, but I guess that I'm catching on to the important stuff. Finally caught on to how to use quotes, and apparently the interpersonal protocols are a lot laxer than I expected. (Leastwise, you haven't kicked me out yet.) I already feel as if I've known you for years. (That might just be my parietal lobe defect acting up, but I don't think so.)
Okay, enough for now kiddies. Let's get on with the campfire fun. I suppose I'll have to build those electric bras with Teflon panels so the marshmallow goo doesn't stick. :rolleyes:
Wait, where are the 60's & 70's? Love life? I must've missed most of it. THIS CAN"T BE IT. :grumpy:

Math Is Hard said:
so did you finish the hovercraft?
Damn! I just spent 5 minutes answering that, then hit the wrong button and lost it all. (Deleted a space in preview instead of edit screen, and *poof*.)
Anyhow, the answer was 'no'. I realized that I didn't want to enter it in the contest. I'm still hoping to build it myself someday. When I read the contest rules, I found out that all rights to all entries are assigned to Chrysler in perpetuity. I'll still send them a little design, but not mine. Some of the sub-systems that I designed for control are patentable, and I don't want to give that up. That's a major pain in the butt; I have a dozen or so inventions on paper or home-made, and can't afford to file a patent on even one of them. I'm still working on the blueprints in my head and considering structural materials, because I hope to build it myself some day, but it isn't a priority.

Evo said:
Love life? THIS CAN"T BE IT. :grumpy:
Exactly. :frown:

Hee hee...was it Ivan's hovercraft thread you found? We were going to hovercraft race all the way to Canada I think; we could have stopped by to see you. LOL! All a virtual trip of course.

I was waiting for the sex and intrigue part. :frown:

Well, there's always another night and another campfire.

Evo said:
Wait, where are the 60's & 70's? Love life? I must've missed most of it. THIS CAN"T BE IT. :grumpy:
I thought that I really should break it into bite sized chunks. It honestly isn't interesting even to me, and I lived through it. More importantly, while I spend all of this time typing away, it's keeping me away from you. :blushing:

Moonbear said:
I was waiting for the sex and intrigue part. :frown:
So am I. :cry:

Danger said:
So am I. :cry:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

(I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you, really. :uhh:)

Evo said:
Wow, he has three of the most gorgeous women at the PF campfire with chocolate and gooey marshmallows. :biggrin:
No question about you, Evo, and Moonbear is unbearably cute (I adore a woman with a gun), but MIH looks a little artificial to me.

Danger said:
No question about you, Evo, and Moonbear is unbearably cute (I adore a woman with a gun), but MIH looks a little artificial to me.
*cries* :cry: *runs away*

Danger said:
I thought that I really should break it into bite sized chunks. It honestly isn't interesting even to me, and I lived through it. More importantly, while I spend all of this time typing away, it's keeping me away from you. :blushing:
Uh oh, we need to watch this one. Trying to get out of work and making it sound like he's doing it for us. :wink:

Alright, it's time for me to go to bed then. Sweet dreams. :smile:

Math Is Hard said:
*cries* :cry: *runs away*
No, wait! Come back. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Let me kiss it and make it better.

Danger said:

Actually, MIH is usually the gun-toting sister, she just loaned me the rifle for the thread-killing thread. :biggrin:

It's time for me to go to bed, too. I just have to go kiss the thread-killer thread goodnight.

Since you have so fuelled them, I am certain they will be. (If it suddenly appears that your dog has gained weight during the night, ignore it. It's your imagination.) :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you had a chance to read the General Classics thread at the top? Good stuff. (well most of it)

I have to bag some zzzzz's too. Only 7 hours left to sleep, and I usually need atleast 8 or 10. (Not laziness; the emphyzema forces extra rest on me.)

Danger said:
Since you have so fuelled them, I am certain they will be. (If it suddenly appears that your dog has gained weight during the night, ignore it. It's your imagination.) :wink:
My dog won't be wearing a beard or smoking will it? :tongue2:

Evo said:
My dog won't be wearing a beard or smoking will it? :tongue2:
I actually (oops!) Your dog actually started shaving a few years ago. My baseball team once offered me $200 to get rid of the beard, and I turned them down. Then one psychotic blonde and 14 beers, and there it was... gone. And thanks to being on Wellbutrin (Zyban) for the ADD, I can go several hours without a smoke.

Evo said:
Have you had a chance to read the General Classics thread at the top? Good stuff. (well most of it)
Never even thought of it. I figured it was a literary section. Will do later. Thanks.

Moonbear said:
(I'm always cold, and a heated bra sounds like a much more pleasant way to deal with the, um, side effects of that than a padded bra
Danger said:
I'll build you all of the electric bras you could ever want. Of course, there'll be endless test fittings, temperature readings, stress tests... :wink:
While we're at it, do you want some micro-hydraulics in there so you can let a guy know when you are interested? :wink:

Moonbear said:
(I'm always cold, and a heated bra sounds like a much more pleasant way to deal with the, um, side effects of that than a padded bra
I still don't know how to get around in here, but through sheer persistance I managed to find your real picture in the photo section. Putting a padded bra on you would be like throwing napalm on a campfire. :biggrin: