1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Going to graduate school for a non-physics major

1. Oct 18, 2005 #1
    I have decided that I do not want to go to grad school for physics. I am a junior, so it is too late to change majors, so I want to get the BS then go to grad school for forensic science (no, I am not following the CSI fad, etc...I am really interested in the field). I was wondering if this is feasible, and what I should do now and what I should prepare for if I want this to happen. Also, does anyone know if I'd be able to get some sort of deal like physics students do where grad school is essentially paid for if you take up a TA or research job?
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 19, 2005 #2
    Come on, anyone?
  4. Oct 19, 2005 #3

Staff: Mentor

Maybe we don't have anybody here who knows anything about criminal forensics. :uhh:

Unfortunately I don't have any idea about better places to ask.
  5. Oct 19, 2005 #4
    Yeah, even with the CSI fad, there's still very few people in the field, and you probably won't get much feedback here. Does your school have a forensic science department? If so, I'd recommend that you call them up and meet with someone in their department (preferably an advisor).
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?