Good Books About Herbs for Beginner Vance

• Thread starter Vance
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Books
In summary, the speaker is asking for book recommendations about herbs for a beginner named Vance. They also mention changing their own interests to focus on trees and flowers. They thank the other person in advance for their help and understanding.
Vance
Do you know any good books about herbs for beginner Vance to read ? Can you please introduce me some ?

I have seen there are so many people trying to run after biology of animals, therefore, I deliberately change my interest into another field which is much dimmer and is called Trees And Flowers. I hope no one will compete with me this time...hmm.

Thanks in advance for your help and for your understanding,
:cool:

Biology news on Phys.org
Vance said:
Do you know any good books about herbs for beginner Vance to read ? Can you please introduce me some ?

I have seen there are so many people trying to run after biology of animals, therefore, I deliberately change my interest into another field which is much dimmer and is called Trees And Flowers. I hope no one will compete with me this time...hmm.

Thanks in advance for your help and for your understanding,
:cool:

There is a wonderful book called "Plants for People" that may get you started. Available at Amazon.

Hello! I would be happy to recommend some good books about herbs for beginner Vance to read. Here are a few options:

1. "The Herbal Medicine-Maker's Handbook: A Home Manual" by James Green - This book covers everything from identifying and harvesting herbs to making your own herbal remedies. It's a great resource for beginners.

2. "The Complete Book of Herbs: A Practical Guide to Growing and Using Herbs" by Lesley Bremness - This book is a comprehensive guide to growing, harvesting, and using over 450 herbs. It also includes beautiful illustrations and recipes for using herbs in cooking and for medicinal purposes.

3. "The Herbal Apothecary: 100 Medicinal Herbs and How to Use Them" by JJ Pursell - This book focuses on the medicinal properties of herbs and includes information on how to make herbal remedies for common ailments.

4. "Rodale's Basic Herbal: A Beginner's Guide to Growing and Using Herbs" by William H. Hylton - This book is a great introduction to growing and using herbs, with information on how to grow them indoors and outdoors, as well as tips for using herbs in cooking and for medicinal purposes.

I hope these recommendations are helpful for beginner Vance! Happy reading and exploring the world of herbs.

FAQ: Good Books About Herbs for Beginner Vance

1. What are some good books about herbs for beginners?

Some good books about herbs for beginners include "The Herbal Medicine-Maker's Handbook" by James Green, "The Beginner's Guide to Medicinal Herbs" by Rosemary Gladstar, and "The Complete Book of Herbs: A Practical Guide to Growing and Using Herbs" by Lesley Bremness.

2. Are there any books specifically geared towards beginners with no prior knowledge of herbs?

Yes, there are several books that are specifically designed for beginners with no prior knowledge of herbs. Some examples include "The Herbal Handbook for Homesteaders" by Abby Artemisia, "The Beginner's Guide to Growing Herbs" by Rosemary Gladstar, and "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Herbal Remedies" by Frankie Avalon Wolfe.

3. Where can I find reliable information about herbs and their uses?

Some reliable sources of information about herbs and their uses include books written by reputable herbalists, websites of reputable herbal organizations, and peer-reviewed scientific studies on herbs and their medicinal properties. It is important to always cross-reference information from multiple sources to ensure accuracy.

4. Are there any books that focus on growing herbs for culinary purposes?

Yes, there are several books that focus on growing herbs specifically for culinary purposes. Some examples include "The Cook's Herb Garden" by Jeff Cox, "The Culinary Herbal: Growing and Preserving 97 Flavorful Herbs" by Susan Belsinger and Arthur O. Tucker, and "The Edible Herb Garden" by Rosalind Creasy.

5. Are there any books that provide information on the history and cultural significance of herbs?

Yes, there are books that cover the history and cultural significance of herbs. Some examples include "Healing Herbs: A Beginner's Guide to Identifying, Foraging, and Using Medicinal Plants" by Tina Sams and Maryanne Schwartz, "The Herb Garden Cookbook" by Lucinda Hutson, and "Herbs for the Soul: Emotions and Wellbeing" by Tammi Hartung.